“Refreshing Level of Service and Professionalism”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #46 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Refreshing Level of Service and Professionalism”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We recently held a Corporate event with this Hampton Inn and were very pleased with the level of professionalism, customer service and friendliness of the staff as well as their attention to detail. The food was great, the location was superb and all of the staff; including the front desk and banquet staff were hospitable, knowledgeable and helpful. Two thumbs up Hampton!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us as well as the great comments about our team! I'm happy you were pleased with the level of service and quality of our hotel. Each and every member of our team genuinely cares about our guests and its nice to see when it reflects on our guests reviews on here. I hope you had a safe trip back to Michigan and hopefully we can see you again in the future whether its business of leisure!

f:312-830-0333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hotel came highly recommended. Location has pros/cons.....pros that it was convenient to where we were visiting...cons because it's right next door to fire station. Happy we're close for safety...but for sleeping it was a bit rough. Staff very friendly, valet helpful and efficient. Breakfast could be improved, but I suppose we all have different tastes.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Frank P
Alex S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Frank P.,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-Downtown and taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be warm & friendly. We do apologize for the "urban" noise of the firehouse next door. We do our very best to not let this hinder our guests experience. Please let us know if there was anything additional we can have done to help. Please note that our property follows the Hilton Brand Standards for the daily breakfast, and I am happy to inform you that the brand has many exciting changes coming throughout the year. Please feel free to reach out to me direct if there is anything additional I can assist you with.

Ph. 312-832-0330
Avon
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our stay was wonderful and the whole staff made it better. Mastique (I hope I didn't butcher his name) was very friendly and made us feel very welcomed upon arrival! The ladies who cleaned our room did a great job and were also extremely willing to help us when we needed more towels, cups, ect. Our suite was always clean. That is very important to us. The location is also convenient being across the street from our favorite restaurant (RPM Italian)! We will most definately stay there again.

Room Tip: We've only used the Corner suite and it's a nice size for families and in our case a small g...
Green Features: All the staff members we came in contact with were very helpful and always friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nancy F.,

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. We are delighted to learn of your satisfaction with your overall experience. I will be sure to share your review with Mustaque and our Room Attendants, as they always love to hear when they have played a part in enhancing a guest experience. We hope that you will come visit us again soon!

312-832-0330
Long Island, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Was in Chicago for 4 nights on business. This is my first time to Chicago and it really is a beautiful city. I am a Hilton Honors member so I always look for Hilton / Hampton Inn properties. Glad I chose this place.

THE PROS:

LOCATION: This was in the River North section of downtown and I loved the location. I was able to walk to most of my meetings and there is so much action around the hotel. It feels like you can walk anywhere.

BREAKFAST: It is the nicest and largest breakfast room I've seen in a Hampton Inn. Yes the food is basic free breakfast items but it really is a wonderful value. Bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, waffles, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, scrambled eggs, sausage. It is a really nice spread.

ROOM: The room was fantastic. I had the suite with the king size bed. The room was huge and a really nice layout with two separate rooms each with it own HD TV. REALLY comfortable bed and pillows.

LOBBY: It is a really nice looking hotel with a beautiful little lobby.

POOL: I didn't use it, but it is a nice touch having the indoor pool.

Staff: All super friendly. The car valet guys are great.

The CONS:

Okay, not everything is perfect, Here are my two picky complaints

ROOM TEMPERATURE: I'm the kind of guy that likes to go into a hotel room and put the thermostat all the way down. I like to sleep in a real cold room. Well, the thermostats are locked at 68 degrees...can't go lower. I asked at the front desk and they said that was the limit. Okay. Probably an environmental / cost savings thing. I get it, but it was a bit of a let down.

ELEVATOR NOISE: I stayed on 9th floor in room 912. The X12 room on each floor shares a wall with the elevator bank. That wall is right against the head of the bed. Each night I heard a low rumble and even felt it in the bed. It was the elevator going up and down. I would not recommend staying in a "12" room for this reason alone. It was a bit annoying. There are three elevators in the elevator bank...this is elevator #3. The other two are away from that wall. Why not shut down elevator #3 through the night and only use the other two? Just a thought.

All in all, it is a really nice Hampton Inn. The temperature thing bugs me but despite that, I would come back here.

Room Tip: Do Not select a room ending in 12
Green Features: To be commended. They are doing a lot of environmental things.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lizzard77
Thank you for chosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-Downtown! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate you being a Hilton Honors member and hope you can come visit us again on your next trip to our fabulous city.

312-830-0330
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a great stay over a 4 night weekend. I always enjoy Chicago and staying at the Hampton downtown and last week was no exception. It was the first time for my family to Chicago and they loved the whole experience. We were staying in Chicago on the last weekend of a 2 week holiday to Florida. My kids really liked the gentleman in charge of the valet parking – He was really great with them and they asked to pass on their thanks and they loved getting hot chocolate from the breakfast area at any time of the day.

The service is always first rate – rooms are well presented and cleaned to a very high standard, the pool area is very tidy and a nice break from all the walking, the staff know the local attractions and we booked a boat tour without any problems from the front desk. The hot breakfast was a welcome bonus as well.

I would say the service is actually better than many Hilton hotels I stay at so keep up the good work and we will be back for sure,

Kind Regards

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a family and are staying for several days I would suggest requesting a su...
Green Features: Towel refresh / keep system was on a standard to other hotels
Dear Nathan W.

Thank you for writing such a "Brilliant" review of your experience with us! We are happy to learn how much your entire family enjoyed being with us. We hope that you will come visit again soon! Please keep my contact information and feel free to reach out to me direct should I ever be able to be of assistance to you.

312-832-0330
east amherst ny, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Hampton Inn Chicago was a great hotel to stay at. Not only was it centrally located to restaurants and bars it was only 1 1/2 blocks from the trolley that gave you a great tour of the city. Would recommend this hotel. The only drawback is the cost of parking your car but there are not many other options.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Shawn F
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hey Shawn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a response! Im happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and the hotel so much. I agree with you completely, our location is great. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the city, regardless of what they have planned, as we are close to shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. I hope you had a safe trip home and hope to see you again!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here mid march for three nights and had the most amazing time . Staff is incredibly welcoming , kind and helpful. Spent our first evening dinning at JoeFish and couldnt have asked for a better experience . Great location , plenty of things to do within the downtown area. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a home away from home. Will definitely return for my next visit to Chicago!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Kristin,

I just wanted to let you know how good it feels to know that you had an amazing experience with us! I really love working at this hotel and our staff is top notch, so seeing the results of their hard work and caring is great. I'm pleased to hear that you liked Joe Fish. They opened up about a month ago and I've heard nothing but good things about their food & service. I'm happy to hear that you'll be staying with again in the future, and I look forward to having you with us!