“Excellent!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #57 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My daughter and I travelled with a friend and her daughter for college visits. They gave us adjoining rooms, which we requested. Clean, good size nice rooms. Loved the comforters! Breakfast was really good. Lots of options. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagels...nice eating area as well. Definitely would go back and would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hello Julia,

I'm glad to hear y'all enjoyed your experience with us! I sure hope the college visits went well for both of them. Hopefully on your way back home you took a big detour to Indiana to check out my Alma matter there. I would have to agree with you on the breakfast, there are quite a few options for being complimentary and they're really good. Hopefully we have a chance to see you both in the future regardless if they decide to go to college here.

Have a great week!

f:312-830-0333

Write a ReviewReviews (2,601)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Hotel is located perfectly within reach of everything. Staff was amazing. The 1 and only con was the close proximity to a fire station. But I feel the hotel really made up for it with kindness and attention to guest needs

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hi Everett,

Thank you for the feedback and Im glad to hear you have a great time while you were our guest. We strive for the best customer service and an unexpected attention to detail which I believe makes us the quality hotel that we are. I hope we have the chance to have you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent two nights there as a weekend getaway for a family of five. The suite was spacious and accommodated us perfectly. I almost felt like we had our own little apartment in the city. We visited Chicago a year before and stayed at another hotel that was $100 more and not as roomy. Nice location, helpful staff, good breakfast. (Food was decent, and plenty of space - no long lines and jockeying for a table like I've experienced elsewhere.) I would have preferred queen beds (instead of doubles) but they were comfortable. As some other reviewers have noted, the pool was chilly and the hot tub was not in operation, but I did know from the hotel website that the pool had just re-opened, so I was not too surprised. Parking is expensive, but not any more so than other hotels. Parking rate is noted on website, and we got a package that included parking. We visit Chicago occasionally, and will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello SHG,

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us such an awesome review as well as sharing your experience with us. I completely agree with you about our suites and how spacious they are. With the kitchenettes, multiple TVs, and lots of square footage they really do feel like small apartments. Especially for the city here, they're larger than most condos downtown, and our rooms are so reasonably priced its hard not to come to Chicago. I'm sorry about the pool though. The hot tub and pool are back up and running now! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was not expecting the parking situation for Chicago. I was very pleasantly surprised by the outstanding valet service offered by this hotel. The valet staff went above and beyond. They were very professional and courteous. I found the hotel very clean and appealing. I noticed an outstanding daily attention to the smallest details. I also enjoyed the attached restaurant Ruth Chris Steakhouse I believe was the name. Outstanding food and staff also. I am planning to return to this hotel many times. I had no problems with the fire station next door. If you are in search of a very clean hotel with a great staff this is the one for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hey Lewis,

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us and as well for the comments about our hotel & staff. Ruth's Chris is a great option for dinner and I'm glad you enjoyed it. In the winter months its even better as we're attached, so theres no need to even wear a coat when going to dinner. I'll pass the comments along to our valet team. They're great, working through all weather conditions outside. Hope you had a safe trip home.

Have a great week!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I live fairly close to the city and was looking for a place for one night for the kids and I to have a little family getaway. After much searching and looking, I decided on this Hampton Inn, mainly because it has a pool and is in a wonderful location. When I booked the room, I made absolutely sure the pool was up and running (we had been burned in the past) and was assured the maintenance was finished and the kids could enjoy their stay (*main selling point for this short getaway in the city was the pool for swimming.) We arrived for our adventure weekend and had the nicest interaction with the staff at the desk. The service was great. As soon as we were settled in, it was off to the pool. Kids were soooo excited....until they jumped in andit was ice cold. Sigh. Five minutes after jumping in they were chattering and shivering. And no hot tub in working order to warm our cold bodies. Again, sigh. It would have been ice to know it wasn't up to standards when we checked in. The pool was a make it or break it for this weekend. As a single mom of three, these trip are few and far between. I wish this stay had been a better experience.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz F
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hello Liz,

I really appreciate that you shared your experience with us and I would like so sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience the pool/hot tub situation caused you. If you could contact me directly via phone or email I would like to discuss the matter with you more in depth. However, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel outside of that and found our staff to be as good as we think ourselves to be. I really hope you give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here for business in downtown Chicago and was pleasantly surprised to see the rate of $89/day. Imagine my shock when I drove I. To find that in and out parking was a whopping $55/day. The hotel is pleasant, staff attentive and friendly and the location is near great dining and shopping opportunities. The only negative aside from the parking fees is the location next door to a fire station. While I didn't find the sirens too loud for my comfort, I did note that the hotel offers free ear plugs for those who need them.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wavemama

Hello Wavemama,

I appreciate the review of our hotel as well as the nice comments about our hotel and staff. I would say we are more than likely the best deal in down as far as hotels go. I'm very sorry about the parking price. The city recently imposed a $13 tax increase for all vehicles, and thus we had to raise our prices accordingly. If you make it into town again and prefer not to drive our hotel is very easy to get to with public transit, and navigating through the city is easier without. Hope we see you guys again in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were very pleased with our hotel stay for the most part. The staff were the friendliest we have ever had at a hotel. They greeted us and seemed to genuinely care about their guests. The breakfast was out of this world good and the rooms and beds were extremely comfortable. We just wish the pool was being renovated and that we had been informed of this before hand.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Nathan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and also for the great comments about our hotel and staff! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I would have to agree with you as I think our breakfast, beds, and staff are by far some of the best I've seen in my years in the hotel business. Its actually quite surprising how affordable it is here with such quality. Im sorry about the issue regarding the pool. However, it is reopened and ready to go. I hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!