“Great service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dayton, United States
“Great service”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was not expecting the parking situation for Chicago. I was very pleasantly surprised by the outstanding valet service offered by this hotel. The valet staff went above and beyond. They were very professional and courteous. I found the hotel very clean and appealing. I noticed an outstanding daily attention to the smallest details. I also enjoyed the attached restaurant Ruth Chris Steakhouse I believe was the name. Outstanding food and staff also. I am planning to return to this hotel many times. I had no problems with the fire station next door. If you are in search of a very clean hotel with a great staff this is the one for you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hey Lewis,

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us and as well for the comments about our hotel & staff. Ruth's Chris is a great option for dinner and I'm glad you enjoyed it. In the winter months its even better as we're attached, so theres no need to even wear a coat when going to dinner. I'll pass the comments along to our valet team. They're great, working through all weather conditions outside. Hope you had a safe trip home.

Have a great week!

f:312-830-0333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I live fairly close to the city and was looking for a place for one night for the kids and I to have a little family getaway. After much searching and looking, I decided on this Hampton Inn, mainly because it has a pool and is in a wonderful location. When I booked the room, I made absolutely sure the pool was up and running (we had been burned in the past) and was assured the maintenance was finished and the kids could enjoy their stay (*main selling point for this short getaway in the city was the pool for swimming.) We arrived for our adventure weekend and had the nicest interaction with the staff at the desk. The service was great. As soon as we were settled in, it was off to the pool. Kids were soooo excited....until they jumped in andit was ice cold. Sigh. Five minutes after jumping in they were chattering and shivering. And no hot tub in working order to warm our cold bodies. Again, sigh. It would have been ice to know it wasn't up to standards when we checked in. The pool was a make it or break it for this weekend. As a single mom of three, these trip are few and far between. I wish this stay had been a better experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Liz F
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello Liz,

I really appreciate that you shared your experience with us and I would like so sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience the pool/hot tub situation caused you. If you could contact me directly via phone or email I would like to discuss the matter with you more in depth. However, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel outside of that and found our staff to be as good as we think ourselves to be. I really hope you give us a second chance in the future.

Milwaukie, OR
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business in downtown Chicago and was pleasantly surprised to see the rate of $89/day. Imagine my shock when I drove I. To find that in and out parking was a whopping $55/day. The hotel is pleasant, staff attentive and friendly and the location is near great dining and shopping opportunities. The only negative aside from the parking fees is the location next door to a fire station. While I didn't find the sirens too loud for my comfort, I did note that the hotel offers free ear plugs for those who need them.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wavemama
Hello Wavemama,

I appreciate the review of our hotel as well as the nice comments about our hotel and staff. I would say we are more than likely the best deal in down as far as hotels go. I'm very sorry about the parking price. The city recently imposed a $13 tax increase for all vehicles, and thus we had to raise our prices accordingly. If you make it into town again and prefer not to drive our hotel is very easy to get to with public transit, and navigating through the city is easier without. Hope we see you guys again in the future.

Rudyard, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were very pleased with our hotel stay for the most part. The staff were the friendliest we have ever had at a hotel. They greeted us and seemed to genuinely care about their guests. The breakfast was out of this world good and the rooms and beds were extremely comfortable. We just wish the pool was being renovated and that we had been informed of this before hand.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Nathan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and also for the great comments about our hotel and staff! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I would have to agree with you as I think our breakfast, beds, and staff are by far some of the best I've seen in my years in the hotel business. Its actually quite surprising how affordable it is here with such quality. Im sorry about the issue regarding the pool. However, it is reopened and ready to go. I hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Freeport, Bahamas
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great staff and location. Close to many good restaurants and the Rush Medical Center. Would consider this hotel for a family gathering due to its location to many of the tourist areas, restaurants and room sizes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hey Robert,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and I'm glad to know you had a good time. Also, thank you for the comments. The location is great, close to (nearly) everything you'd want to do downtown at an affordable price. I agree with what you said, our hotel would be great for family gatherings. Large rooms, meeting rooms, its just want you'd want. Hope you had a safe trip home and hopefully we'll see you in the future!

Have a great weekend!

kansas city, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Really enjoyed the stay. The location was perfect for what we were in town for. There was plenty to do and the front desk was very friendly and gave us very good directions to places to eat. We were also well accomodated when we left a key in the room and the night shift was very helpful in getting us back in the room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the awesome review and feedback of out hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us, and were able to interact with our staff. They're great! I wish i could personally tell anyone looking to stay in Chicago how great our staff is and good the experiences are for guests. Hopefully you guys can come back in the summer when its nice and warm out.

Have a great day!

Mexico DF, Mexico
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our stay in this hotel was completely amazing, starting with the service at the front desk we were treated so friendly. The breakfast was really good. The location is very convenient being near the millenium park and transportation stops. Most of the attractions are in wakable distance which is just perfect to know the city better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Araceli,

I appreciate all the kind words about our hotel and staff! Your review is spot on in my opinion. The staff, breakfast, and location are three of the best things about our hotel and make it quite the gem in the city. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your experience with us, and hope we have the privlige of having you as out guest in the future.

Have great Valentines Day!