“One night stay too bad I coudn't stay longer”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #56 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had a quick trip to Chicago and decided to stay one night downtown. Location is excellent, right in the heart of River North. The hotel was warm and inviting, especially on a sub zero day in the city. Lobby felt like a Frank Lloyd Wright building, very nice. Hallways were wide, hotel very clean.
Staff were all pleasant and the room was very accommodating for myself and family.
Will look to stay again in the future. Close to everything from the pier, lake, Michigan Ave as well as steps away from some of the best food in the city.

Room Tip: There is a fire station at the corner so you may not be able to hide from the sirens but the hotel d...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Hi Mike,

To be honest, we wish you could have stayed longer too! I really appreciate the feedback and the great compliments about our hotel. I love our location as well. It makes everything so much easier when you're close to public transportation, shopping, and the best restaurants in the city. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. You should check back in the summer, the weather makes the city 100X better.

f:312-830-0333

Write a ReviewReviews (2,611)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

While this Hampton had a great location for what we needed, even on the 10th floor, it was sooo noisy! It is located across from the Chicago fire department. There was no pool as it was closed for an undetermined period of time for repairs & the attached restaurant is closed, being changed into a Joe Fish. Otherwise, location was good, bed comfy, and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hello there,

I appreciate the feedback on the hotel and Im sorry for any inconvenience the pool and restaurant closings may have caused you. I would have to agree with you on our location and beds. Its unreal how comfortable our beds are. Its a good thing they don't have them in the office here, I'd be tempted to sleep the day away. I really hope you give us another chance in the future. If you come back after a month or so we should have both the pool and restaurant open. Please feel free to contact me directly and I'll make sure to do my best and get you in a quieter room.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

this is a great place to stay and my first choice in chicago. I wish the downtown summer rates were better and the parking was cheaper but this is chicago in the summer. We have always had a good experience here

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello!

I appreciate the kind words and for letting everyone know its your choice for a hotel in Chicago. I would just like to say, our hotel is my favorite Hampton Inn as well. Granted, I'm a little biased, I think its the best deal in the city. First class staff, great rooms with comfy beds, a great location, and all for a price lower than the competition make us something special. Hopefully we get to see you in the summer!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed here for a week, had a very pleasant experience.
Room was lovely, clean tidy and comfortable. great proximity to everything.
great staff, couldnt have been more helpful. gave a true meaning to hospitality.
fantastic that they give you a list of local restaurants, and the breakfast was good for free.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hey Jen!

I appreciate the kind word about our staff, I will make sure to pass them on to the team. I really hope you enjoyed your time in the city and your experience with us at the hotel. Leaving may have been hard but going back to Sydney and the warm weather there would make it a little easier. I hope you had a stress-free flight back and hopefully we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent two nights in the hotel for a weekend trip. The staff was very accommodating bringing in a pack and play for our 2 year old and bringing extra blankets for the crib and pullout bed. They were also helpful with advice on places to eat and best forms of transportation. The pull out bed wasn't very comfortable, but my 4 year old slept on it fine. The breakfast in the morning was great, there were lots of choices, great for kids. I had read reviews about the noise from the fire station across the street. We heard the fire trucks but they didn't keep us up at night. The pool is under construction, but the staff directed us to a different Hilton hotel a few blocks away which had a pool. We were able to go and use that one and had a fun time. Overall we had a great experience and fun time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello Lorna,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us and also for all of the great comments about our hotel and staff. I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast. It is quite the breakfast, so many options and for free, its probably the best deal in the city. Im glad our team was able to help you out with the Pack & Play. I've tried putting a few together myself over my years in hotels, and some have been tricky. I hope you had a safe trip home with all this hectic weather, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Excellent, central location in the loop. Perfect access to both airports via public transport. Friendly service, great rooms for a Hampton Inn in particular.
Breakfast is what you expect from a Hampton. But in case you fancy something different there is a load of great places around the property to crab a bite.

Room Tip: The higher up the rooms, the quieter it gets.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello Peter,

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us and everyone on TripAdvisor. Its nice to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found the quality of our rooms to be better than average (Hampton Inns especially). The breakfast does offer a good amount of options, but if you desire more than what we offer, like you mentioned, we are surrounded by many great places to grab a bite to eat. I hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very good. Kind staff, spacious room, nice breakfast, fair price. Amazing location, just a few blocks from miracle mile, one block from red line subway and walking distance from the navy pier. There are a lot of good restaurants around. A pleasant stay. Recommend it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings,

Thank you so much for the great review of our property, and also for taking the time to complete it. I'm very happy you enjoyed your experience with us! I would have to agree with you, our location, amenities, and quality of hotel/staff make our property special. The location is very convenient, the breakfast is one of the best I've seen for free, and the price is hard to beat. Its nice to see you'd recommend and we hope to see you again in the future!