“Great family accomodations.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Great family accomodations.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent two nights in the hotel for a weekend trip. The staff was very accommodating bringing in a pack and play for our 2 year old and bringing extra blankets for the crib and pullout bed. They were also helpful with advice on places to eat and best forms of transportation. The pull out bed wasn't very comfortable, but my 4 year old slept on it fine. The breakfast in the morning was great, there were lots of choices, great for kids. I had read reviews about the noise from the fire station across the street. We heard the fire trucks but they didn't keep us up at night. The pool is under construction, but the staff directed us to a different Hilton hotel a few blocks away which had a pool. We were able to go and use that one and had a fun time. Overall we had a great experience and fun time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello Lorna,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us and also for all of the great comments about our hotel and staff. I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast. It is quite the breakfast, so many options and for free, its probably the best deal in the city. Im glad our team was able to help you out with the Pack & Play. I've tried putting a few together myself over my years in hotels, and some have been tricky. I hope you had a safe trip home with all this hectic weather, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Thanks,

f:312-830-0333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Excellent, central location in the loop. Perfect access to both airports via public transport. Friendly service, great rooms for a Hampton Inn in particular.
Breakfast is what you expect from a Hampton. But in case you fancy something different there is a load of great places around the property to crab a bite.

Room Tip: The higher up the rooms, the quieter it gets.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello Peter,

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us and everyone on TripAdvisor. Its nice to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found the quality of our rooms to be better than average (Hampton Inns especially). The breakfast does offer a good amount of options, but if you desire more than what we offer, like you mentioned, we are surrounded by many great places to grab a bite to eat. I hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very good. Kind staff, spacious room, nice breakfast, fair price. Amazing location, just a few blocks from miracle mile, one block from red line subway and walking distance from the navy pier. There are a lot of good restaurants around. A pleasant stay. Recommend it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings,

Thank you so much for the great review of our property, and also for taking the time to complete it. I'm very happy you enjoyed your experience with us! I would have to agree with you, our location, amenities, and quality of hotel/staff make our property special. The location is very convenient, the breakfast is one of the best I've seen for free, and the price is hard to beat. Its nice to see you'd recommend and we hope to see you again in the future!

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Was in Chicago for a race. Very convenient location. Walked to dinner on Friday night, took a cab to Grant Park Sat morning. But, even after running a half marathon, the hotel was close enough to walk back after the race. The breakfast was wonderful! Located on the second floor, there were plenty of fresh options and lots of space to enjoy it.

The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. Valet parking was convenient. I will stay here again for my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hello,

I hope your half-marathon went well! If it was this past month, you're tough, because it has been so cold out. Even if it wasn't this past month, you're still tough... a half-marathon in quite the accomplishment. My max was a 10K and I was beat by a group of 10 year olds. Thank you for leaving such a great review of our hotel though! I absolutely love our location and breakfast as well. In my unbiased opinion we have the best complimentary breakfast of any hotel I've seen. Plus, we're introducing even more healthier and fresh options. I'm happy to hear that you'll be staying with us next time you're in town, and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Have a great week,

Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We took our daughter to Chicago for her 16th birthday and stayed here for two nights. The room was very clean and spacious. All of the staff were helpful, extremely friendly and professional, including the front desk, the doormen, and housekeeping. The front desks suggestions for restaurants were spot on. Even the breakfast was good and they were always keeping everything stocked. The manager should be proud of the great job everyone does! We certainly appreciated every aspect of hospitality and would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I really appreciate all of the compliments about our hotel and staff. I'm pleased to know that y'all enjoyed your experience with us and I wanted to thank you for sharing it with us here at the hotel and everyone on TripAdvisor. Our staff truly makes our hotel one of, if not, the best Hampton Inns in the country. The nice rooms and large complimentary breakfast do help as well though. I'll pass on your kind words to the staff here and Im glad to hear you would return. Hopefully we have the privilege of having you as our guest again in the future.

Have a great week,

Warren, Michigan
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I come to Chicago every winter for a yearly getaway with friends and we love this hotel. This place has a great location with very reasonable prices, plus excellent amenities. The complimentary breakfast is also appreciate as well.

My only disappointment was that the pool was unavailable during my recent stay. Upon booking, there was a notification that the pool would be closed for renovations for a period in January. I made sure to book my trip for a time after this maintenance, but sadly we learned that the pool was still being worked on during our stay. It was disappointing but I understand that there can be unexpected complications. The hotel was able to provide access to a nearby hotel with a pool that my party was able to use so it wasn't a total loss.

Room Tip: Corner suites have kitchens with full sized fridges
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charles B
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hello Charles,

I wanted to thank you for both sharing your experience with us and also for your loyalty to our hotel! Its comforting to know that the quality of service and rooms we provide keep guests coming back. However, I'm very sorry about the complications with the pool. There was structural damage that we were only made aware of after we finished work on the pool. Thus, causing it to be out of commission for longer than expected. I really appreciate your patience and understanding. Next year when you come back into town and if you choose to stay with us again please feel free to email me directly. If you reference this incident Ill make sure to do something special for you guys next time. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

sydney
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. It is spacious and the free breakfast is good during the week but too busy on weekends. We had to wait for a table and also wait for buffet to be replenished on Saturday to Monday butthursday was a pleasant experience. The room has a sink, microwave and small fridge but no dishes or crockery. It was clean and modern looking. Location suited us perfectly. We never heard the fire trucks at night but we did visit the station because my son is crazy about fire trucks.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SydneyFamilyWith2kid
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hello there Sydney Family,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm pleased to hear that you liked your room and found it to be more than accommodating during your time with us. I'm very sorry to hear that breakfast was busy during the weekend when you were here. It was a fairly busy weekend, but I'll make sure that we are properly staffed and have plenty of food prepared for weekends to come. Im happy to hear that the noise didn't disturb you and that your son was able to head over the the fire station. They're really nice over there and great with kids. I hope you had a safe trip home and thanks again!