“Our new "go-to" hotel while in Chicago”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #51 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have traveled several times to Chicago with my kiddos over the past couple years and have stayed at several different hotels. The Hampton Inn is by far my favorite. It's not far from Navy Pier and the Water Tower Place, and is within reasonable walking distance to Union Station. The room we stayed in was spacious, updated and CLEAN. I love the fact that they change the duvet covers (nothing grosses me out more than a hotel room comforter!). We had no problem with noise - either from adjoining rooms or outside. Breakfast was great, more than just an average continental breakfast. There were plenty of protein-packed options and healthy options. Check-in and check-out was a breeze and staff were all very professional. We have already planned another trip to Chicago for the end of August and are extremely bummed that this hotel isn't available.

Room Tip: We chose a Suite with one king and one sofa bed (separated by a door, giving everyone privacy). Very...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank petstone
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

petstone-

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago – Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review about your Febraury visit. I hope you truly enjoyed your experience here. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We want you back here in August! Please contact me personally at your convenience to see if we can that happen.

I look forward to hearing from you AND seeing you again soon, hopefully in August.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We live nearby, but stayed here several nights as part of a family reunion. The staff went above and beyond to make the reunion special. They knew our names after the first night, the front desk staff adored our littlest cousin, and one employee even offered to help me carry breakfast up to the room one morning because my husband and son were still getting ready. One early morning front desk staffer saw me headed out the door at around 6 AM and called out, "enjoy your run!"

Pool and hot tub were clean and not overcrowded, room was spotless every night when we returned (with my toiletries neatly arranged on the counter), and we (on the 11th floor) had no issues with the street noise. One word of caution for those with kids: the pool deck is extremely slippery due to the kind of tile they use.

Navy Pier and the lakefront path are both walking distance (about 8 blocks), straight down Illinois Street. The Rosebud Italian Restaurant (on the 1st floor - not affiliated with the hotel) is closed at the moment.

Room Tip: pillows were small and very soft...may need extras, especially if you are utilizing the sofa bed.
1  Thank discerning_guest_8

Thank you discerning_guest_8 for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us such a great review.

I am delighted that we got the honor to be the host hotel for your family reunion and become a part of your extended family as well. Thank you for the recoginition to our staff members. Each and every member of our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve from check in to check out, and beyond.

We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites for more family fun in Chicago. We are also a great place for a "stay-cation" since you live in the Chicagoland area so we look forward to seeing you much sooner than later.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Chicago and I cannot express how satisfied we were with our overall experience. From the friendliness of the staff, to the quality of the complimentary breakfast and the cleanliness of our room...everything was TOP notch! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning on staying in downtown Chicago. We would love to visit again soon!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Stefanie G

Thank you Stefanie G for sharing your experience of your family's recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am delighted to hear that you all truly enjoyed your experience here. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I over-joyed that our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We love having you and your family here and we look forward to seeing you all again really soon. I thank you in advance for the recommendations to your family and friends. We look forward to meeting them as well.

Until next time,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just go back from our trip to Chicago and the Hampton Inn and Suites was a perfect hotel for us. The hotel is centrally located to CTA bus routes. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety and changed daily. We were there for a week with our six year old triplets. We stayed in a suite which was plenty of room and comfortable. The hotel staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that tile around the pool was very slick. Given the chance I was totally stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you teachhistory for sharing your experience of you and your family's recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review. I hope you truly enjoyed your experience here. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

I am delighted to hear that our location and accommodations were perfect for you and your family. I would also like to thank you for the feedback regarding the slippery pool. The safety of our guests is extremely important to us. I will be sure to communicate your feedback to our engineering and management team to find a solution.

Thank you again for such a great review! My team and I look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very nice hotel! The staff was very helpful and friendly. We traveled for a family vacation and utilized the pool and continental breakfast. The prices are reasonable and the accommodations were wonderful. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you plan to travel to Chicago. The staff was also very helpful with giving us directions and coupons to local restaurants. There is a fire station located on the corner that provides a great sense of security. I felt the area was extremely safe.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Marlene C
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you Marlene C for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family really enjoyed your visit from St. Louis. I am happy that you all got to relax in the pool area and that our complimentary breakfast was sufficient enough to satisfy the entire family. I also love you comment regarding the fire station. That is a great way to put things into perspective.

We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

All we have to say is fantastic! Great location, very friendly staff, extremely clean, and free breakfast with tons to choose from ( and continuously stocked). Also there are great amenities on the second floor including a beautiful terrace with new outdoor furniture. Before we came we read reviews on the excessive noise from the street and fire station next door. Our room was facing the firehall and we didn't hear any noise that you wouldn't experience any where else in any part of a major city. We loved the hotel and will definitely recommend it to all our friends and family!!

Room Tip: Extra pillows.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin B

Thank you Robin B for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us such an amazing review.

I am so delighted that you were pleased with the accommodations and amenities of our hotel. I hope you got a chance to explore our beautiful city and found a few places/restaurants to add to your list of favorites.

We thank you in advance for the recommendations to your friends and family. My team and I look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a great visit. Got to check in early. Called that morning and asked if this was possible. Was told 2pm. We could have locked up our stuff and hit the city. Got there around noon and room was ready. Was worth the phone call. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Always got us what we needed. Room was clean, breakfast was perfect, nice pool and outside terrace area. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side of fire station. They have earplugs at desk(complimentary)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us this great review.

My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one. I am so happy that our staff was able to meet your request for an early check-in which allowed you more time to enjoy our beautiful city.