Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
$475
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$206
$187
$167
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
  • Breakfast included
$604
$376
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Hotels.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
$149
  • Room Service
2,692 results
All reviewsfire stationfire departmentgreat locationfree breakfastcorner suitebreakfast roomnavy pierhear sirensfresh fruitwithin walking distancelight sleeperhot breakfastchicago downtownhot tubbreakfast stafffront desk staffthe magnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The two most important things about a hotel are location and a comfortable bed. I was very happy with the Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown Chicago. The property is a little older but the staff were really nice and everything was clean. Being a Hilton Honors member I'm a big fan of Hilton Hotels. This was probably the best Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in my life. About two blocks from a Jewel/Osco grocery store and many restaurants. I took a train from O'Hare to the Clark/Lake station and walked to the hotel in 15 minutes only costing 5 dollars. I shared a double room with my brother for two nights.
Things they could improve would be thicker towels, better pillows, and later hours for the pool/whirlpool area. It closed at 10pm. Also on the next block is a fire station but they do give out earplugs in the lobby. Overall this Hampton Inn was much better than one located on a highway. Nice exercise room with a indoor pool, whirlpool, and steam room. I didn't try the free breakfast but it looked slightly better than a regular highway hotel. Anyway I decided to go eat at Xuco (Rick Bayless) and the New York City Deli which are really close. There are so many incredible options for food in Chicago. We were on the back side of the hotel which may be more quiet but it didn't have much of a view.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you wanderlust1966 for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am pleased to hear that our location, comfortable beds, and excellent customer service got us crowned on your list as "The Best Hampton Inn" you've ever stayed in. THANK YOU!!!!

I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the towels, pilliows, and pool hours as we are always looking for ways to improve our product and services.

We look forward to having you, and your brother too, come back to visit us again real soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I only stayed here one night, but the location is great. It is downtown at the corner of Illinois and State, about a 5 minute walk to the "Miracle Mile" if you are into the shopping scene and about a 20 minute walk from Navy Pier. There are tons of restaurants to choose from very near the hotel. Right next door is a restaurant called "American Junkie" which is not yet on Trip Advisor but we highly recommend. The only down side of this hotel was that you could hear pipe noise (water pipe presumably) within the walls. Being in the city though, it was pretty much drowned out by the street noise. Also, the staff was very friendly. Lastly, they do have a complimentary breakfast, which is not always the case in the downtown hotels. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you noturns2 for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. Our team always strives to deliver the best service that our guests expect & deserve. I hope you truly enjoyed your experience with us. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Have to share this gem. Austere exterior aside, inside you'll find genuinely warm staff with a can-do attitude, oversize rooms which are thoughtfully appointed, great pool and sun deck and enough brakfast options to keep anyone happy. Free wifi is a bonus. Just off Michigan Avenue, River North is booming - tons of restaurants and bars with a block or two and Trader Joes is just a couple of blocks away. Be sure to ask the cost of upgrading to the corner suite - it will be worth every penny. Best coffee is town is in the next block at Xoco, so start your day with a saunter over there.

Room Tip: Request a corner suite - they're roomy and bright.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lovemyjob1

Thank you lovemyjob1 for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. What a great review? I can hear the excitement in your words. Love you recommendation to XOCO for coffee.

I am happy that you truly enjoyed your experience here with us. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one. We ALL look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The location, facilities and staff made our 4 day stay just perfect. The breakfast is the standard Hampton Inn menu and a nice quick way to start the day. The location is safe and there is so much to do in walking distance. The free wifi is great and the room was clean. I would stay at the hotel if I make it to Chicago again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you fwbsjb for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am so happy that you and your family were completely satisfied with our property and high level of customer service. I surely hope that you all will be able to visit Chicago again soon as 4 days is hardly enough time. Come and get a taste of a Chicago winter and see how we adapt to the weather change.

We truly look forward to you all coming to visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

i have never written a hotel review before i leave that to other people but i have to tell everyone about this hotel my husband and i stayed there for 12 nights from the 30th may 2013.omg when we arrived and was taken to our suite which was a corner suite i was amazed at the size the cleanliness and shear luxury.by the evening of the second day i started to get a bit worried i felt sure the staff had mistaken us for english royalty.every member of staff the doormen the reception staff the cleaning staff the maintenance man the dinning room staff could not have been any friendlier polite and knowledgeable we where offered advice on the best shops the best places to eat the sites to see the reception girls knew we where there for the blues festival they down load us a 4 day program of the event nothing was to much trouble so a big big thank you to everyone for making our holiday so special.A NOTE TO THE MANERGMENT you should be so proud of all you staff (i think they all deserve a pay rise ha ha )

Room Tip: corner suits are larger if you are a light sleeper take advantage of free ear plugs hotel is next to a fire station
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackiehHullEngland

Thank you jackiehHullEngland for sharing your experience of your recent 12-night visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. What a great review??? I particularly LOVE the part about the raise! Ha Ha. I am so so ecstatic to hear how pleasant your vacation was primarly due to the excellent cust omer service that you receive for our staff members. We cherish each and every one of them. Our entire team truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We cannot wait until you and your husband come to visit us again on your next visit to Chicago from England.