“Chicago Get-a-way!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #51 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown Chicago for a much needed vacation and let me tell you it was all wonderful. The minute we arrived we were greeted by smiles from valet, bell service and front desk and the smiles continued my entire stay. Our room was bright and very clean and breakfast was good with different choices every day. Every employee was friendly and was always ready to assist with my needs. The hotel is across the street from a fire station so expect noise plus you're in Chicago a city that has a lot going on all the time. I don't have kids but the pool and terrace looked perfect for families.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the fire station if you want less noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hey Mark S. Thank you so much for the response. I am happy to hear that you & your partner had a "Funky Good Time" here in Chicago. We love having you guys here so please keep us in mind he next time you are vacationing from STL. Not sure if you are a baseball fan but the Cubs-Cardinals rivalry is 1 of the best ever! Maybe you guys can come for a game.

Hope to see you guys again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a great location in the city. Lots of options within walking distance for shopping and eating. The staff was great, good free breakfast, and quality rooms. Also good for business meetings, the room we used was great for our team.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you Darla A for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am delighted to hear that our meeting space was accomadating for you and your group. I am also happy to here that you were satified with the service of our team and that our location was suitable for you.

We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago from San Diego.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but this hotel deserves it! The staff was so friendly from the moment me and my friends walked through the door! It was clean and very organized the best hotel experience I've ever had in my life!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Tricey25

WOW Tricey25! Being that you usually don't write reviews, I would like to say a very special thank you to you. I am so delighted that you were satisfied with the experience you had during your time with us. I hope you and your friends get to come visit us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites again very soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I just came back from a bus tour of Chicago from May 8 to May 14 where we had the pleasure of staying at this hotel.What a wonderful experience! From the time we entered the front doors until the time we checked out,the staff,and I mean everyone from the front desk,car park attendants,cleaners,restaurant staff,managers,EVERYONE greets you with a smile and is willing to help you in any way they can.One lady at the front desk,Natasha arranged getting tickets for my wife and I to see a ball game while we where in town.She took care of all the arrangements and we had awesome seats at the game,WONDERFUL service.I would definitly stay at this hotel each and every time we visit Chicago,and suggest you do yourself a favour and try this hotel for yourself.You will not be disapointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you jag50_ for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

We appreciate the comments regarding our team. Each and every member of our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve from check in to check out, and beyond. I am so delighted to hear that Natasha was able to get you tickets to the ball game! Sounds like you guys had a great Chicago experience.

We love having you here and we look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I still love this hotel. It is very, very comfortable. The area is amazing for things to do and for transport. The staff were great and as an older woman alone on difficult family business I felt safe and at home. I would come back here any time . Ruth's Chris steak house is in the building and it is to die for. This time I had no time for the pool but have used it before and it is really good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Belle16 for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am so happy to hear that our friendly and helpful staff was able to make your time in Chicago more memorable. I hope everything is well with your family. If you ever need anything from usa here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago, please feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful. The room was perfect and extremely comfortable. Great value for the price and location. Highly recommend for the business or leisure traveler. Close to the Navy Pier, shopping and outstanding restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you Steven P for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am happy to hear that our staff was beyond pleasant and that our hotel accomodations were suitable for you. We look forward to having you visit us again from our capital city of Springfield.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A friend and I stayed for one night while we attended several evening events downtown. The staff was extremely courteous and professional. Everything was clean, comfortable and convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you wbChicago_IL for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the comfort, cleanliness, and convenience of our hotel. Each and every member of our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve from check in to check out, and beyond. We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.