Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
$124
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$116
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$144
$124
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$201
$89
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$143
$123
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

$169
$101
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$107
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$189
$170
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $229/night.

$132
$116
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$425
$404
Priceline
2,714 results
All reviewsfire stationgreat locationfire departmentcorner suitefree breakfastbreakfast staffbreakfast roomnavy pierhear sirensfresh fruitwithin walking distancehot breakfastlight sleeperhot tubchicago downtownfront desk staffthe magnificent mile
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great location, helpful staff, clean rooms, scrumptious breakfast bar! This is our second stay ay this hotel. We come to Chicago every February for Founders Week at Moody Bible College and will certainly plan to stay here again in the future! The breakfast is not the average stale pastry and reconstituted juice. Waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, a variety of breads, pastries and cereals attended by a helpful and attentive staff! So convenient to walk right downstairs to the large breakfast area and enjoy the start of your day while looking out at the snowy Chicago streets!

Room Tip: they provided a roll away in our king room because we had an additional family member come with us at the last minute....no charge
2  Thank Sheree O
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Sheree O,

Thank you so much for this awesome review. I am so delighted that you enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast. I would also like to thank you for your continued business and for coming to visit us again this year. We hope to see you again next February!

Your friend,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Staying at this inn and suites was very satisfying experience. From the moment that we checked in at the front desk to the hour that the doorman hailed a taxi to the airport, we felt very special. The entire staff was courteous and extremely helpful.I booked one of the "smaller" suites and was given the larger one. The sitting area was very comfortable; the beds facilitated a good night"s sleep in an hotel!!! The only negative is that if one were using the sink, anyone who was sleeping might be awakened by the light. A door or divider would enhance this room. The trademark continentel breakfast was very good with many options: something for everyone! Lastly the location is ideal, near Michigan Avenue and almost half way between the Grant Park and the Oak Street Beach. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and more scenic.
1  Thank GiacomoMinneapolis

GiacomoMinneapolis,

WOW!!!! What a 5-star review! On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hampton & Inn & Suites Chicago-Downtown, I would like to say thank you for writing this awesome review. We are sincerely committed to provide the exceptional service that our guests both expect and deserve. We truly hope that we can be of service to you again soon on your next trip in from MN.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

By far, the greatest experience in a hotel stay I've ever had. The staff was so friendly and helpful it literally made our trip to Chicago. Janeli, Janita, Abraham and the others, thank you so much for all you did to make our trip so special. Our suite was extremely charming with a 60's retro feel, but the bed felt like something from the future. I considered lowering it 8 floors to the roof of my car and taking it home :) The pool was a magnificent play ground for my kids. The hot tub looked wonderful, but dad duties called. My room was ready at 11:00 and they let me check in then. They even offered me a late checkout of 1:00 PM for the next day. They checked our baggage and allowed our vehicle to stay in valet until we were ready to leave that evening. As far as our family is concerned, there is no other place to stay in Chicago. I would pay double to stay here, before staying a free night else where. Thank you again Hampton staff.

4  Thank Ferrell13

Ferrell13,

Wow! What an awesome review! I would like to personally say thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. My team & I are so delighted that we were able to help make your Chicago experience that much greater. We would love to have you visit us again, hopefully much sooner than later.

P.S. Unfortunately, we could not allow you to lower the mattress from your room to your car. I am sure that would cause so type of safety hazard {LOL}. However, we do sell our products online. Email me personally if you're interested in learning more.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in, staff was courteous and friendly. Kara, the front desk clerk, was very helpful in pointing out guest services and offered any extra assistance with directions, etc.

Our room, a king suite, matched the online description very well, was pleasingly clean, and larger than expected.

I loved being just a short walk from the Red Line. This location is awesome! We could walk everywhere we wanted to go in River North, or easily access the L - wrigleyville, wicker park, second city .... Everything seems to be 20 minutes or less from the hotel.

At night, we heard the soothing low rumble of the train and the occasional (not so satisfying) sirens from the nearby fire department. (Previous reviews suggested requesting a room away from the fire department, which we did, sovit wasnt too horrible).

I was a little disapointed that the breakfast options were on rotation - I would have loved biscuits and gravy every morning - but I understand the logic behind the rotation, so I can't complain too loudly.

All in all, although it was a bit pricy for us, we were pleased with our choice and if we could afford it, I am certain we would stay here again.

1  Thank katlover86
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

katlover86,

Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review. We were delighted to read what you had to say.

We appreciate the comments regarding. Each and every member of our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve from check in to check out, and beyond. I do regret that our pricing was a little steep for you. We do offer lower price during the off-peak seasons which are typically September-January . Feel free to play around with a few dates on our website to find the best pricing for you. We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago. Our biscuits and gravy are calling you! :-}

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent trip in Chicago and our experience at this hotel played a large role in this experience. We were right next to amazing restaurants, bars, lounges, shopping, and the Red "L" Line is just around the corner. We had never stayed here before but will probably be repeat customers after this recent trip! The attentiveness of the staff was extraordinary to say they least.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

cityskylyne,

WOW!!! 5-stars! We could not have asked for a better review!

Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us such an awesome review. We were delighted to read what you had to say.

We appreciate the comments regarding the convenience of our locate and also the attentiveness of our staff. Each and every member of our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve from check in to check out, and beyond. However, I did notice that Rooms & Cleanliness we only 4-stars. Is there something(s) we need to work on for your next stay with us? We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel so if you would like to discuss these issues further, please do not hesitate to contact me. My contact information is listed below. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit from the ATL.