We recently traveled to Chicago for six nights and I stressed over where to stay. I am so thrilled that we booked the Hampton Inn & Suites, Downtown, what an absolute gem!
We booked a suite (there are about 5 on each floor) directly through the hampton site and got a variable rate (from a low of $101 for a night to a high of $150 for 3 nights) and the front desk clerk even commented on what a great deal I'd gotten! Our suite featured a living area with desk, TV, and queen size sleeper sofa (perfect for our two kids at night!) and also had a fullsize refrigerator (trader joe's is only a few blocks away on Ontario), dishwasher, microwave and cooktop (no oven). It was a breeze for snacks and leftovers and comes complete with plates & utensils! The best part was that this was a true "suite" room: the doors closed to the living area and it was like having two hotel rooms!
Check-in was a smooth process; if you have a car, there is an area to pull in and unload your luggage with very attentive bellboys / valet attendees. (note, parking is an additional $38/night through the hotel, but there is also a lot right next door that "only" charges $25/night)
The 2nd floor hosts the swimming pool/sauna/exercise room/whirlpool (plenty of towels available + water in the exercise area) as well as the breakfast room & there is also coffee/tea and hot cocoa available at all times. The breakfast room is very large, with plenty of seating (tables as well as couches) and the buffet itself featured two hot items daily (eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, etc.). There was also a nice selection of breads (bagels, toast, muffins, danish, biscuits), cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit (oranges, bananas, berries, apples, citrus fruit salad), oatmeal (in packets) as well as coffee,tea and juices. The employees re-freshed the foods constantly and even when there were a lot of people present, it was not difficult to get food/find a seat.
There are also laundry machines available for guest use on the 3rd floor; two washers and dryers that cost $1.50/load (quarters available at the front desk).
All in all, we loved our stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites, downtown. The location was perfect for all of our site-seeing needs: walking distance to the Mag Mile, the free trolley runs to Navy Pier right out front of the hotel, there are plenty of restaurant options within walking distance (weber grill, rock bottom brewery, gino's east, lou malnati's, rainforest cafe, hard rock, etc..!). A cab ride south to Shedd Aquarium/Field Museum will run you about $10 and was about the same up to Lincoln Park Zoo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn