The location is PERFECT - it's close to the Red line (subway), the local bus line, Michigan Ave, and a lot of the main attractions including Navy Pier and Millennium Park. The inside of the hotel is modern and extremely clean. It is very kid friendly with a great staff who gave our son an activity sheet for finding attractions in the city. They also have a fabulous, free hot breakfast - by FAR the best Hampton Inn breakfast we have ever had - with eggs and bacon, french toast, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, and more. They even alternated several of the hot items so that guests, like us, who were staying for several days wouldn't get tired of any one type of item. It was great! The attached restaurant was wonderful - I can't praise it highly enough. The maids were great and the room was spotless. The valet was quick and efficient. The ONLY issue we had was the outrageous parking fee. The parking is $42/day. I think that is VERY steep especially when it isn't onsite parking. The valet takes it to a lot a couple of blocks from the hotel. It made us wonder how secure it was. The good thing is that there aren't any in/out fees associated with it and they will let you leave your car even after you check out up until 4pm, I believe. Otherwise we really liked the hotel and, if but for the price of parking, we would give this a 5 star. We will stay here again but we will FLY in and not drive in so that we won't have the parking to contend with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn