Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$187
$167
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$187
$206
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$604
$376
Langham Official
2,692 results
All reviewsfire stationfire departmentgreat locationfree breakfastcorner suitebreakfast roomnavy pierhear sirensfresh fruitwithin walking distancelight sleeperhot breakfastchicago downtownhot tubbreakfast stafffront desk staffthe magnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A first rate hotel in every sense. The hotel is very clean and the room we had was comfortable and well-maintained. The pool area is first rate, and the pool itself is very nice. The breakfast buffet is also quite good -- lots of variety and the hot food is hot and refreshed regularly. There was even a well-dressed person each morning who handed out mints to all the guests!
Most important, I can't remember seeing a friendlier and more helpful hotel staff. They really seem to enjoy their jobs, and they are genuinely friendly and accommodating. They also have an excellent knowledge of downtown Chicago.
If you visit Chicago, I recommend that you think about staying at this hotel. Very reasonable rates, excellent location, and some of the friendliest people in Chicago!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the side that overlooks the fire hall -- a bit noisy at night, but the desk does provide ear plugs at no charge.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Greetings unitedfarmers-

I wanted to say thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are so delighted that you took time out from your busy schedule to this awesome review. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve.

We appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend in Chicago in May this year and have stayed in other area hotels in the past. This time around we were seeking a hotel closer to the buzz of downtown with everything in walking distance. My husband and I are easy to please and don't mind some of the noise that went along with the location related to being downtown. I did hear the firestation once during our stay, but it was no disturbance. Our whole reason for coming to the city is to be IN the city. Check in was smooth and quick. Our rooms were clean. Staff were kind and quick to respond when we had a plumping issue. We liked the mini fridge in the room because it wasn't stocked and we didn't feel like the hotel was trying to con us into extra fees or amenities. The front desk were more than happy to give directions and recommendations for area attractions. It really was a great location and valet employees were very kind. Overall great customer service, great location, clean, and extra perk of having some breakfast food available in the mornings.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings SKwife-

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. As a gold hilton member, I got an awesome room upgrade and had a kitchenette, living room, dining area, plus the king bedroom, all very comfortable.

Breakfast is your typical free Hampton fare. Other reviewers think it's good, but I think it's nothing special: cereal, waffles, crappy scrambled eggs and sausage. I do really like their coffee though.

Awesome service though, the front desk and restaurant people are both very friendly and helpful.

My only problem, and this has been covered heavily on here:

I was supposed to stay here for 4 nights but checked out early. I'm still hearing fire trucks. My first night I was woken up 4 times by the fire trucks leaving the station. I know that emergency vehicles are a necessary evil in a large downtown area but here is indescribably worse than any of the other hotels in the area. They can't help it though, and they do give ear plugs if you want them, but I can't sleep with them in. Plus I need to hear my alarm since I travel alone.

Overall it's a nice hotel, but if you can't sleep with earplugs in, or if you can't sleep through an atomic bomb, I highly recommend staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the building, since the fire station is on the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TXBizTraveler

Greetings TXBizTraveler-

I am sorry to hear that you encountered outside noise during your stay. The great thing about being in a dense urban downtown is the excitement of many people, things to do with a constant a hustle & bustle; however, with that comes noise. As with most hotels in downtown, street noise is something that will be encountered: Downtown Chicago is a dense, bustling city with lots of city noise including emergency vehicles that may be heard throughout all hours of the day. Most guests are not generally disturbed by the noise, but we realize that each person has their own sensitivity to it.

We appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago & we'll even give you an interior room away from the noise. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our 3 night stay at the Hampton Inn was just great! Janita and Diego were super friendly at check-in and made us feel welcome. Our room was surprisingly spacious, and having a fridge, sink, and microwave was a great bonus. The bed was comfortable- I'm not a huge fan of pillow top mattresses, but even I liked this bed :) The bathroom was roomy and the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. I love blow dryers that are NOT attached to the wall- thank you for having a dryer in a bag.
When we arrived, Janita noticed my birthday was on day 2 of our stay, and she sent a lovely (and tasty!) treat to our room-thank you very much!

Rosebud is a great hotel restaurant/bar. Our servers were friendly and efficient, and we had great conversation with local folks at the bar. Breakfast was another treat-relaxed atmosphere with lots of choices.

The noise from the fire station next door did not bother me at all, but the hotel will supply you with ear plugs if you are not accustomed to urban noise.

River North is a GREAT neighborhood to spend time in. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and the red line is a block away. Getting here from O'Hare is a snap- blue line to red line and walk a block. We easily walked to Michigan Avenue and an architecture cruise from Navy Pier. Wrigleyville is just a few stops away, and the bus to the Lincoln Park Zoo couldn't have been easier.

We're looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CTSusanna

Greetings CTSusanna-

I wanted to personally say "thank you" for mentioning Diego & I in your review. Also, thank you for sharing the experience of your recent 3-night stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are so delighted that you took time out from your busy schedule to this awesome review. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve.

P.S. Maybe you can come back & get more tasty treats for my birthday which is the beginning of Novemeber. :-}

Reviewed September 25, 2012

From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel like family by Janita and the rest of the staff. Everyone is extremely friendly and accommodating. The front desk staff is very helpful in directing visitors to the best transportation to any destination. The hotel location is very good within easy walking to the miracle mile and the loop. It is surrounded by excellent restaurants. We stayed in a suite for five nights and the rooms were extremely clean, modern and comfortable. The suite was definitely worth the additional charge and included a spacious living room / kitchen area in addition to a bedroom and bath. The furniture was very comfy as was the bed. Breakfast was about as good as it gets for a "freebie". Yes, we heard the fire engines, but this did not really interfere with the great experience. We had a great vacation!

Room Tip: If you think the noise will bother you, get an inside room. The suites are wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Greetings SadieMae65-

I wanted to personally say "thank you" for mentioning me & the entire staff in your review. I would also like to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent 5-night stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are so delighted that you took time out from your busy schedule to this awesome review. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve.