We spent on night here on a multi-generational "girls" trip to Chicago with the highlight being visiting the American Girl Store for my daughter! There were 4 adults and my 8 year old so this room was perfect. There were 2 beds in the bedroom and a pullout sofa in the LR area so all 5 of us could stay in one room. The room was large, even had small kitchen area. It was very nice. The bathroom area was separated (which I prefer) so the toilet/shower closed off from the vanity/mirror area which helps when you have several women getting ready in the morning.
The free breakfast buffet was fantastic! It was huge and had everything you could imagine. The only downside was it was very crowded so there was no place to sit, even with them opening up a conference room for overflow. They had trays so we just took up to our room. While not perfect scenario, it was by no means a deal breaker and it was a Saturday morning of Thanksgiving weekend.
Location seemed to be pretty good. (I had never been to Chicago) It was about a 10 min taxi ride from the train station and we walked everywhere else. Didn't seem like that far of a walk to the Water Tower area or Millenium Park and we even walked to Rainforest Cafe. Some walks were longer than others but we expected that and at no time did we feel unsafe, etc.
Hotel staff was pleasant and they held our bags for us upon arrival as it was early morning and our room was not ready yet. (which turned into all day as we didn't get back to hotel until evening) They also held them for us all day on Saturday as our train was not until later in the evening. There was a small snack shop off the lobby which we purchased some snacks.
I would definitely stay here in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn