“The 3 Amigos!”

and up
Chicago Segway Tour
Ranked #18 of 188 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: City Segway Tours of Chicago is the first Segway tour company in the world and in Chicago and we work hard to create memorable experiences for our guests. From rolling smaller guest to guide ratios than the city requires to our experienced staff that comes back on a yearly basis, we realize that giving our guests the best tour possible starts before you step on the machine.Come join us for our tours that will take you through Grant Park, Museum Campus, Soldier Field and give you a great view of our hometown whether you've been in Chicago for 10 hours or 30 years.The Segway is a self-balancing, personal transporation device that requires no special skills to operate. Segways are designed to be used in any pedestrian enviornment and will carry you gracefully throughout the Windy City.City Segway Tours- Chicago uses the latest generation of Segways- the i2- that include the new lean Steer technology.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked online for our Segway tour in Chicago. Our flight was late in and meant we missed the 2pm departure, but having rang and told them in advance they accommodated us very well. Chris our guide was a great guy and taught the 3 of us to ride the Segway. we were all a little nervous, but he put us at ease and within 10 minutes we were off. The tour takes in great views of the city and Chris was very interesting and knew his stuff. We would definitely ride a Segway again and would totally recommend City Segway Tours in Chicago. They have different branches through out the world, so will look them up when we are travelling too.

All reviews
"three hours"
in 20 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 30 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 19 reviews
"small group"
in 11 reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 8 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Clark did a fantastic job with our group!. 5 of the 7 hadn't ridden before and declared it the best experience of our long weekend in Chicago. I would definitely use this company and request Clark for our tour guide again!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

we had a group of 6 and every one of us had a blast!! We were all around the 50 mark in age- our tour guide was a "very cool" younger man and he made this tour really interesting and fun. The movie that they show you before you venture out will make you worry about keeping your teeth safe- don't take it to heart as it is not that difficult. We went to museums, thru the city areas and learned quite a lot about Chicago's history while having fun. I was a bit shaky at first, as our guide selected me as the first to be trained, but after the first 5 minutes I felt very at ease. The instruction was excellent and the instructor was extremely patient and reassuring. There were restroom stops and water stops along the way and we all had a wonderful time! I travel to Chicago 2 -3 times a year and have never experienced anything like this- take the time to do this tour, it is one you won't soon forget!! The only disappointment you will feel is when your 3 hours is over- you will want more!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I, both retired, took the 3-hour city tour. We've been on segways twice before so we are pretty good on them. I fully recommend the 3-hour tour verses the 2-hour one due to the first 20-30 minutes being a training class. There were 8 of us and we covered a lot of the waterfront. Our tour guide was a native of Chicago and very good. This is a great way to see this area. If this had been our first time even with the fairly long training I don't think it was quite adequate.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Meadows was a terrific guide. He made sure that all 7 of us were confident with the segway before we headed out for our tour. Since he was experienced with all types of riders, he gracefully differentiated his training depending on the individual needs. He was very entertaining and knowledgeable about the museum campus and I learned a lot about Chicago history. This was my retirement gift from fellow teachers, and my sister and my husband also enjoyed the afternoon. There was an unusual fog that came in during the afternoon tour, but the city was still beautiful to behold. We had a great time!

Been to City Segway Tours Chicago? Share your experiences!