“Awesome afternoon!”

and up
Chicago Evening Express Segway Tour
Ranked #10 of 174 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: City Segway Tours of Chicago is the first Segway tour company in the world and in Chicago and we work hard to create memorable experiences for our guests. From rolling smaller guest to guide ratios than the city requires to our experienced staff that comes back on a yearly basis, we realize that giving our guests the best tour possible starts before you step on the machine.Come join us for our tours that will take you through Grant Park, Museum Campus, Soldier Field and give you a great view of our hometown whether you've been in Chicago for 10 hours or 30 years.The Segway is a self-balancing, personal transporation device that requires no special skills to operate. Segways are designed to be used in any pedestrian enviornment and will carry you gracefully throughout the Windy City.City Segway Tours- Chicago uses the latest generation of Segways- the i2- that include the new lean Steer technology.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome afternoon!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a three hour Segway tour with Paul. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!! We absolutely loved it!! Segways are so much fun to ride and you get to see so much in a short period of time. Paul was awesome - full of cool information and facts and made us all feel very comfortable riding our Segways. I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone and I would do it again. If you are able, choose to do a tour during the week - we did and the streets were much less crowded.

Nova Scotia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A Must Tour”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We looked at all the Segway tours available here and selected City Segway. They had great reviews and a three hour tour. We were very happy we did. It was great value, our guide, Luke, was informative and helpful. I can't imagine it could have been better.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great, fun way to learn about the city!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I did the 3 hour tour and loved it! Meadows got us comfortable quickly on the segways. We saw some great sites we wouldn't have found on our own, up close and much quicker than walking..as well as more fun! We got some great history. We will definitely return with the rest of the family to do another tour! Thanks for a great day for my daughter and me!

Ontario
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Beware: You will leave wanting a Segway!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Like everyone else it is with trepidation that one books a Segway tour, it looks easy but also looks like it's difficult if you know what I mean. Never fear what everyone says is true-10 minutes and you will be rolling along with ease. It actually gets easier when they take it off "turtle" mode.

We were glad we chose this company because other companies seemed to take out very large groups-this one broke the larger group into small groups, ours with just 6 people making it easier to stay together and hear the tour guide. Now I am guessing that's where the experience can vary. From what I read here some add a lot to the tour and others, while doing a good job, may not make it an over the top experience. This is true of all tours of this nature. Our experience was fun but not over the top amazing. We didn't go to Millenium Park as the guide said we were not allowed to due to the crowded nature of the area but I see here that others do go there so I don't know maybe this is just a daily decision the company makes. There was a triathalon that day so I think we did a less traditional route but it was still interesting and fun. I would do it again and will definitely do it in any city I visit that this company serves.

Visited August 2013
Panama City, Florida
“Chicago on two-wheels is a lot of fun!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff that greeted us at the shop was friendly, casual, and helpful with getting us setup with the proper safety gear. Our guide, Chad, gave simple, easy to follow instructions, and allowed ample time to get familiar with the operation before heading out on the actual tour. He had a great personality, spoke very well of the points of interest, and answered all questions asked. Chad took time to take photos for the group when we stopped at different locations. He helped make the tour enjoyable and informative.

I would give City Segway Tours of Chicago five out of five stars.

Visited August 2013