“BEST way to see Chicago!”

City Segway Tours Chicago
Book In Advance
More Info
$70.85*
and up
Chicago Segway Tour
Ranked #21 of 192 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: City Segway Tours of Chicago is the first Segway tour company in the world and in Chicago and we work hard to create memorable experiences for our guests. From rolling smaller guest to guide ratios than the city requires to our experienced staff that comes back on a yearly basis, we realize that giving our guests the best tour possible starts before you step on the machine.Come join us for our tours that will take you through Grant Park, Museum Campus, Soldier Field and give you a great view of our hometown whether you've been in Chicago for 10 hours or 30 years.The Segway is a self-balancing, personal transporation device that requires no special skills to operate. Segways are designed to be used in any pedestrian enviornment and will carry you gracefully throughout the Windy City.City Segway Tours- Chicago uses the latest generation of Segways- the i2- that include the new lean Steer technology.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the best travel experience I've had! The Segway machines were easy to learn and use; even for a non-athletic person like me! The tour guides are very professional and knowledgeable about the city, pointing out interesting facts about the city's history and architecture throughout our 3 hour tour. Ask for Gus, he's the best guide!

All reviews
"three hours"
in 20 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 30 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 19 reviews
"small group"
in 11 reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 8 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just returned home from our trip to Chicago. Took the three hour Segway tour and had the best time. Would recommend it highly. Gus was our tour guide and he was very knowledgable..

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was traveling with my 16 year old son and this is what he wanted to do so we did it. I checked on Trip Advisor and there were 3-4 companies all that provide Segway Tours of Chicago. I chose this company because it offered the tour we were looking for at the time we needed. It was a little more expensive than the other companies, but I picked up a brochure at the airport to get $5 off the $70 rate making it equal to the others. Check your hotel for the same deal. Occasionally these companies offer Groupon discounts at excellent prices that I would have been tempted to try, but since my latest Groupon deals have gone bad, I would rather pay any company directly and not give Groupon the business. They take too high a share from the company providing the service so you never know what service will be delivered. We ran into other Segway groups on our tour and all seemed very similar. There seems to be good comaraderie between the companies so I expect all are decent. But I wasn't with those companies so all I can say is that I was extremely happy with our company.

We took the Park Tour which included Grant, Millennium, Buckingham Fountain, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Field Museum, Soldier Field, Crown Fountain, The Bean/Cloud, and the beautiful Lake Shore Drive. It was a full 3 hour tour. Four groups of 8 people were in our time slot, but each of the groups went in separate directions and we never saw any of them again until we ended. Nice! We did meet each of the tour guides and I would have been happy with any of them. They were all happy, fun people that were full of knowledge.

Let me tell you all the things that I wanted to know but couldn't find on the internet that you might also want to know.

Yes, you stop for pictures at multiple places. The only place I wanted a picture that we were not able to go to was the Bean. We did see it, and took pictures from 50 feet away, we just didn't get pictures standing under it. This is because the park system does not allow any "wheels" in the boundaries which I didn't know. So we would have had to leave the Segways, go up a hill and spend time with crowds trying to get our shot. I was worried after learning this that we would not go into any parks, just around them, but as the tour progressed, we got closer to the actual attractions and could take all the pictures we wanted.

Second, I wondered what I was going to do with my purse, wallet, phone, etc because you can't have them over your shoulder or on a backpack. There are two options. One is that the company offers storage in their facility which is in an office building. It is not a shack on the street. I would feel safe doing that. The other is that each Segway was equipped with a small backpack on the front for personal belongings. It easily fit an extra sweatshirt, water bottle, large wallet, camera and phone. And I suggest you bring those items.

You make multiple stops where you can get off the Segway. Some are for pictures, another is for a bathroom break at Soldier Field, another is to grab a hot dog and drink at a local stand or just to rest. The point is that you can get off to stretch, rest, etc mulitple times during the 3 hour trip.

We took this tour on a beautiful sunny day in October. We were fortunate that we made reservations in advance. They had to turn people away. The down side to an advance reservation is that they go rain or shine. They will provide rain ponchos, and I still think it would be fun, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Finally, I wondered how difficult these things were to operate. We had people from 16 years old to 75 years old in our group. No one had problems. If you have ever snow skiied, the motions are similar so you pick it up very quickly. For others who haven't, they give a 30 minute video presentations to start, then another 30 practice session outside. The instruction is excellent and safety is their utmost concern. When we ran into a marathon with large crowds, the instructor/guide took people having difficulty right through with no problems. By the end of the 3 hour trip, everyone progressed to the point it was so fun that no one wanted to get off.

Finally, you must wear helmets. The company provides them. They look brand new and clean. Bring a hair net if you have concerns about sharing from person to person.

We covered a lot of ground looking at the sites. We got some great pictures of Chicago and found an excellent park system in Chicago that we never knew existed. I highly recommend this tour!

4  Thank SGS1260
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This segway tour of Chicago sure helped this senior citizen couple get to see the sights up close and personal and save 8 miles of walking! Katie was a super guide with lots of information. She was charming! We had so much fun and learned so much about Chicago. David gave us lots of history of Chicago even before we left. Russell was making us laugh none stop! A very wonderful staff! Safety was a priority and we appreciated how Katie made sure we crossed streets safely even on Chicago's busy streets! And since we mentioned we had done a tour in DC several years ago, they even gave us a discount! Loved this 3 hour tour! Highlight of our 3 day vacation in Chicago!