“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #983 of 9,810 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton for a work meeting and the catered food was so bad at the Hilton we decided to venture off and check out the Gaslight Club. It is dark and the waitresses are all dressed in skimpy outfits. There are pictures of naked women on the walls - so if this offends you this is not the restaurant for you. There was also a piano player for entertainment. We all had a steak and my steak was cooked to perfection. I also had mushroom risotto and it was so good! If you are stuck at ORD or staying at the Hilton I would recommend checking out the Gaslight Club.

1  Thank BrookeBarbara

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was staying overnight at the Hilton O'Hare with my Mom and I opted for the Gaslight Club over the other on site restaurant, based in part on price. I had checked out both menus earlier and was abit hesitant to take my Mom there as the 'girls' aka waitstaff are, ah, scantily clad in what others who have reviewed this place refer to as dress from the old 'Gentlemens' clubs...but Mom was fine with it. I found the decor on the charming side, certainly it was old World/old West with brocade wallpaper, leather booths, a HUGE chandelier hanging in the bar/piano bar room etc etc...

the menu is not overly extensive, but they offer nice choices...quite a few pupu (Hawaiian speak for appetizers), but we skipped those...if we had ordered I would have taken the scallops in lemon butter...12$

I did order up a Caesar salad, the dressing was right there, complete with anchovy in it, but I was disappointed in that the Romaine had the beginnings of 'rust' on the white ribs/centers and was just a tad past...but it wasn't soggy and I just took it for what it was...7.75$

Mom wanted salad too and went for the entree Caesar w/cajun chicken, which was an entire breast grilled cajun and cut into 'fingers'...it was tasty and she had some left over chicken strips for her brekkie...19.75$

for my dinner I went with the chicken Monte Carlo, traditional dish prepared with prosciutto and cheese...lots of both! This was served over a generous 'heap' of spinach that was sauteed with garlic, which was some ono! It was alot to eat as it was a split breast, but I forced it all down...22.75$

they have a great selection of wines by the glass, and it's a most generous pour, also the server knew every wine and vineyard, I went for the Malbec and was not even close to being disappointed...it was velvety smooth and tasty...of course I had to have another glass...can't recall the exact price, but it was under 10$...

the entire bill was approx. 75$, which I thought fair enough...

the piano bar was a great throw back to bygone days...and she was good! Mostly just played but she also sang a few songs...

I felt the service to be attentive and efficient without coming close to being overbearing/intruding...

all in all I'd recommend this restaurant...

2  Thank mauimann
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Enjoyed dinner here while staying at the Hilton the night before our flight. Friendly staff, great cocktails and food, beautiful waitresses dressed like the Gaslight Club of 50' and 60's. A little pricey but all in all, not bad.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We sat in the piano bar when some folks from the club's past were singing at the piano bar and while they were a bit off key, it was still fun watching them have a great time. There were a lot of patrons sitting around us who'd made the place a part of their lives for so many years, all of which added to the charm. There is a lot of history in this place and I hope it remains forever. We were just there for drinks but really found it to be a unique gem in the hotel.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having been many years since I lived in Chicago, it was nice to see this past month while there that the Gaslight Club is still alive and well. While it was more of a bar night than meal, the people I was with said the food is still great there even if the prices are a bit high. I don't think the atmosphere has changed at all in 20 years...which speaks well for the staying power of old fashioned "gentlemens club" atmosphere where men are men, women are sufficiently sexy and everyone appreciates the difference.

The traditional pianobar was live and well on this Monday night we were there. The pianoplayer allowed people to "sit in" and sing with her...and Sami Scot the entertainer is one of Chicagos finest traditions of this nature. Shes the main reason we went there. But then the gorgeous and talented cocktail waitress got up and did a GREAT job on a couple tough broadway style numbers.

The whole night was a treat...though it does remind one of the cost of having a good time in Chicago. But...we will pay for traditional values...won't we? And no other airport I know of has this kind of entertainment onsite such as Ohare has.

1  Thank Srsuerte

Been to Gaslight Club? Share your experiences!