“Elegant quiet unique”
Review of Mexique

Mexique
Reserve with OpenTable
Mexique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 10,080 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Town
Cross street: Chicago and Ashland
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Mexique is becoming one of my favorite Chicago restaurants. Our server was "Nurun", very nice and knowledgable. I started with "pescamal" , a seafood mousse with delicious red sauce mildly spicy with bits of shredded crabmeat. My wife adores Mexique's take on "french" onion soup. Two of then had "Cordero" rack of lamb, again with a great sauce and delicious eggplant. My wife again hit a home run with Chile Relleno - a very difficult dish, in my experience. The wine at $38 was a bargain, a Cepasantiguas Rioja. Perfect.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Saturday brunch was a gut bomb but don't let that scare you. Food so good that all,four of us old fart couples brought home menus for our twenty something kids who will love this place. It will be nice to recommend a hip/great place to them for a change. The onion soup is closer to a pudding than a broth - don't miss it. Not a full bar but the cocktails have a big agave kick.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Any meal at Mexique is amazing! Their short ribs melt in your mouth, the skate is wonderful, the steak is great, and the risotto is outstanding. Whatever you order, you won't be dissappointed.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a wonerful dinner and experience at Mexique, food was amazing and the service was outstanding. Atmoshphere was nice and quite and the restaurant was clean. Don't judge the restaurant from the outside, when we drove past it in kinda looked like a dive, but when I got inside my first impressions changed drastically.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went to Mexique twice this week. Once for a business lunch and, because it was so incredibly delicious, again for dinner with my husband last night. Lunch was quiet, very affordable, shrimp cooked to moist perfection. Dinner was lively and dynamic. The place was buzzing, every table full, we ate at the bar. I had the skate wing with grapes, potatoes, etc. Don't miss it. Every bite was a surprise. Again, perfect seafood cook-timing.