“After Dinner Drinks”

D4 Irish Pub & Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
D4 Irish Pub & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: McClurg Court
Transit: Bus routes - 65, 66, 29, 124 to Illinois and McClurg Ct. (from South and West) OR Red line Subway, Grand stop
Description: D4 Irish Pub & Cafe, named after Dublin's premiere zip code, brings a taste of Dublin to Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood. Serving modern favorites with an Irish flair, our kitchen puts the comfort of home cooking into all of our signature dishes. From our rustic shepherd's pie and hand battered fish & chips to our towering Angus beef burgers and warm bread pudding, D4 uses the finest farm fresh healthy ingredients in all of our homemade recipes and sources produce from local farms D4's interior is a bright, open, warm and cozy space mixing tradition and modern design. Cozy up next to one of our two fireplaces during the colder months or enjoy a private table in our main dining room. Alfresco dining is also available on our lush and expansive outdoor garden patio during the summer months. D4's libations list offers a vast collection of craft and imported beers, wines from around the world, seasonal cocktails and an extensive scotch and whiskey list to satisfy your every whim.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited D4 on a Saturday night after a late dinner at Capital Grille. The atmosphere was exactly what we wanted. It was lively but not overly noisy. It was busy but you could still find places to sit at the bar. The bartender was extremely helpful helping my girlfriend find a cocktail that suited her tastes. We didn't try any food but I will definitely return.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with four friends. We all ordered the fish and chips. It's was very good, but slightly greasy. Great atmosphere. I would come back. We all thought the food was good.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This nice restaurant was an amazing find by simply walking out the rear of my hotel, the Embassy Suites in Chicago. Inside was designed like the Irish Pub intended but even better was the food. Two of us ate there and were served by a lovely Irish lass that made everything sound mouthwatering. I selected the Corned Beef Sandwich and my friend ordered the Fish and Chips. The corned beef was as good as advertised, nice thin layers of steamed, lean meat that tasted so good on the rye bread accompanied with a coarse ground mustard. I have to say this was one of the best corned beef sandwiches I have had in years, The sandwich came with a side of fries and a pickle. On the other plate were two large pieces of cod perfectly battered and crispy to the bite, He was kind enough to cut off a piece for me to try. It was hot, flaky and wonderful. It too came with fries, Another diner next to us ordered a cheeseburger medium rare and it was cooked perfectly and he said it tasted as good as it looked. Simply prepared food that was simply wonderful. Strongly recommend this as a stop when in the area.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had late lunch and a light dinner here in the bar. Service was great as was the atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We went for the burger and weren't disappointed! For $50 we had 4 beers and 2 burgers. Not cheap prices but typical for the city.
The Boont amber ale was awesome!