“Extraordinaire, Professional and Courteous Customer Service Rendered!”

Chicago South Loop Hotel
Ranked #102 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Memphis, Tennessee
“Extraordinaire, Professional and Courteous Customer Service Rendered!”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Victor Sims and Tommy Chen were the nice professionals who registered us at the front desk. After staying two nights, and recieving unsatisfactory service at the Comfort Inn on Ohio Street Downtown Chicago, we departed to find another place to lodge for our final night as visitors from Memphis, TN. After asking around, we were refered to you all, and we are greatful. We look to stay with you all on every visit to Chicago in the near future.

Please let me know if you all have other hotels around the country.

Kind Regards!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Was very unimpressed. The website said "just minutes" from downtown but it's a lie - you have to take the bus, the train or a taxi ride to get anywhere remotely like "downtown". There is nothing around the hotel - not even a little breakfast place or cafe for some coffee. It's a very deserted and non-tourist friendly area. The staff were underwhelming, every time I went to the desk I waited about 5-10mins for service. There is a nightclub downstairs (again - not advertised on the website) and the walls are thin so if you're planning to get any sleep after about 11pm, good luck!
Also, the place was pretty dirty and the 'breakfast' cafe on the ground floor was just awful - I would say middle-school cafeteria quality but that would be a compliment :(

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank FMFM1984
Clinton, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This hotel was perfect! It had everything we needed for our two night stay. All of the staff down to the cashier at the bakery store were the nicest, most attentive I've ever seen at a hotel. Even the cleaning ladies all said good morning and hello as we walked by. This hotel has an awesome sports bar (hamburgers fries type joint), a really fancy dining place (wine and steak), a breakfast/bakery place (eggs, sausage, pancakes), and a convenience store all located on the first floor.
As for the location (which is very negatively stereotyped), it was fine. It felt safe, and the hotel was especially safe. The parking is gated and a security guard patrols the area at night. Every morning and night we took the city bus for 2 bucks all the way downtown in about 5 mins no problem. Because of that, along with the price of the hotel and free parking, we saved about 100 dollars per night.
Overall this hotel was great. I saw lots of families with kids, couples, and people by themselves stay here. The price was great. The service was great. This hotel is for anyone who is on a budget, but still wants to have a good time near the chicago downtown area. If you want to pay 50 dollars per night for parking plus 10 - 20 for everywhere else during the day, go ahead. I'll be staying here again on our next Chicago trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed September 3, 2010

They checked us in early which was nice. The front desk seemed pretty knowledgeable about the area and transportation. The room had ok furniture but the walls had scuff marks on them. The bathroom had stains on the floor but it was alright for the price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The staff was very friendly and was helpful with my needs. My only complaint was that they gave me a handicapped room and did not inform me ahead of time. The handicap room was very no frills.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Starting with the outside decor on the way to the inside I was completely amazed. I as well arriived early and was able to check in..which is always a plus...Todd and Jackie then assisted me throughout my stay in a very friendly manor..all smiles and help from the both of them....
Once inside the room I was completely taken back...the large queens size beds...the spacious room...large clean bathroom..an Oh Yes..I fell in love with the bathtub..the room was so much more than I expected..
My 13 yr old son stayed with me as well and after one trip to the gift store..I know why he kept going..It was there I met Miss Mary..so warm and sweet..pleasant to talk to and took the time to talk to and educate my son about lif and importance of education...Not everyday do you find a complete stranger so interested in someone elses childs life...While I completely enjoyed my stay at the hotel..Meeting and talking with Miss Mary was the highlight of my stay..thanks Mary for being you and all that you do..God Bless....

• Stayed August 2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Jacqueline & Leo at the front desk MADE my stay. They went above and beyond to make me the happiest traveller.

I got there ahead of check out and asked to check my bags, they realized that there was actually a room available for me and let me head up straight away. The room was perfect. Every morning when i headed out for the day Jackie (sp?) was there to greet me and always happy and positive. When i asked for a late checkout she said it would be no problem. I work for a company that values legendary service and that is what i got from these two.

One night in stark contrast, i asked for extra towels and was told to go down to housekeeping to get them myself. It was very different from the service i got in the day time. that is really my only complaint and that it is a bit far from the main parts of downtown... invest in a transit pass and you will be fine. As well Reggie's is a great place not far with good food and cheap brew.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo