Chicago South Loop Hotel
$725
$607
$519
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$576
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$329
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
$484
Hilton.com
$492
getaroom.com
1,914 results
All reviewsmccormick placemccormick centerclose to downtownbusiness centerbus stopstate streetsoldier fieldsitting areamini fridgefront desk staffroom was largepublic transportationcoffee makernavy pierfew blockscorner roomfitness center
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Found this place close to the IIT campus. For the price, this place can't be beat. The staff was friendly at both check in and check out. We had a corner room which was cold. They need another heater in there and better windows. It didn't bother me because I like to sleep in a cooler room.

The room was huge. It had a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom was also large. It had a bathtub with shower. The tub was big. The shower was strong with some nice hot water.

There is a small deli at the hotel. The coffee is decent enough. I ordred a bacon, egg , and cheese on an everything bagel. It was very good. Good bacon which they did not scrimp on. They have pancakes and waffles also.

The only thing I didn't like was the 11am checkout. We checked in late after a long drive from having our flight cancelled from the east coast. Overall, for a hotel in a major city, close to everything, this place is a gem

1  Thank Db1105
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This was my first visit to Chicago and I must admit, i was a little nervous about visiting a city i knew nothing about and booking a hotel per a friend's suggestion off of expedia.com. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel far exceeded the good expectations i already had. The rooms were spacious and clean and the lobby well decorated with a hip, urban feel to it.

The only challenge we encountered was a broken ethernet cord in our room, which was resolved quickly and with some of the best customer service I have experienced. The staff, Leo and Pat, proved to not only be incredibly helpful and pleasant while they assisted us, but genuinely cared about our stay at the hotel. Their commitment to good customer service went far beyond a warm smile. They offered assistances and we needed to switch room, they offered suggestions to enjoy ourselves, and tips for navigating the city.

All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2010

As part of a road trip around the Great Lakes, we needed a nice but not too expensive hotel option to spend a few days in Chicago. Based on the reviews here, we decided to give the South Loop Hotel a try. Free parking was a good positive start... When you first walk in, the hotel has a nice look but seems cold an almost uninhabited. The staff was friendly and we received our rooms quickly. The rooms were big but seemed to have been only superficially cleaned. Dirty fingerprints on the wallsa nd hair in the bathtub made us feel uncomfortable about overall cleanliness. We had two rooms (the joy of travelling with teenagers!) and both were are about the same in size and cleanliness. We did not eat anything at the hotel, and honestly I am not even sure if we could have, as stated previously it felt uninhabited. The Hotel sits in what seems to be an up and coming neighbourhood that suffered from the recession. Lots of places looked abandoned and I would not suggest walking to and from the hotel; take a cab to downtown. Actually, one cabbie didn't even believe us when we said there was a hotel there! All and all, an OK place to sleep but I get the feeling that it may keep on its downward slide.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Everyone was so nice and pleasant right down to the cleaning staff! The free parking was a great plus especially in Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Got this on Hotwire at a good rate. Listed as a 3 star hotel by Hotwire. I personally think that this is a glorified Motel 6! Away from most everything. Difficult to obtain a cab here. Plain barren rooms. A nice flat screen TV though. No restaurant on premises. No room service. No wireless internet, but they do have hard wired internet. I ordered pizza and had to go to the lobby to get it. That is not a nice touch when you cannot even provide me with a restaurant. The bed was very hard. I nice pillow top would be nice. The hallways were cold. I would not stay here again if I have a choice. This should be listed as a 2 star max.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business