“"The Greatest Hotel Ever"”

Chicago South Loop Hotel
Ranked #102 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
College Park, GA
“"The Greatest Hotel Ever"”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

My stay at the hotel was very wonderful. I really enjoyed myself,the staff was terrific. There is nothing bad I can say about the hotel. Look forward to visiting the hotel again.

Thank You! Freddie Cook

• Stayed February 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
smithlak30
Reviewed February 15, 2010

So the girls and I decided at the last minute to book a room at the Chicago South Loop for the Valentine's Weekend. It was great and service was excellent. It is located blocks away from the Mccormick Place and downtown Chicago. The rooms are inviting with a sitting area for two, internet usage and flat screen tv. The best was the relaxing feel of the oversized bathtub. We loved it and will lodge there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Indy, Indiana
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I was surprised at the fast, friendly service and clean rooms at a great price for the Chicago area. Close to McCormick Place but few nearby restaurants. You will have to drive a little ways for mid-day and evening meals. The small cafe did serve a tasty breakfast with a good selection of items on the menu. I will stay here again when returning to Chicago.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Kankakee, Il
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We recently needed a hotel near the University of Chicago Hospital. The hospital recommended the South Loop Hotel. It was onlay a 15-minute drive from the hospital. We couldn't have been more satisfied. The rate was very reasonable, and the hotel had clean, roomy, and comfortable rooms plus good food available. I used the fitness center and had a drink in the lounge. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The parking was free, which is very unusual for this area. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago, il
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks during the holiday season. On a personal note, we wanted to stay somewhere not far from home as we were having some work done on our apartment, which happened to run into the holiday period. So we wanted to be somewhere whereby we could celebrate the season, but not feel like we were displaced. We shared a little bit of this information with the staff and to our surprise, they went above and beyond our expectations to make us feel right at home. At times, we felt like "celebrities" because of the star treatment. My family and I will never forget this experience and are indebted to the staff for the kindness that they extended to us in making us feel welcomed. I want to especially thank Leo at the front desk for his professionalism, as well as being personable in handling our reservations and seeing to it that we were well taken care and that all of our needs were met, and also Kyle who was always extremely courteous and helpful. We enjoyed our spacious room, which was always very well maintained during our 2 week stay. The location of the hotel was also very convenient, as you can take just one bus downtown (if you prefer not to drive) and get there in 10 minutes. Because of our excellent experience during this stay, we know that we will be back and I'd recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
erir pa
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Todd and Kyle were so nice. The room was SO BIG you could have fit 3 queen size beds easy.It was so clean .flat screen tv.TRANSPORTATION IS RIGHT OUTSIDE THE HOTEL.I have already told all my friends.The PRICE CANT BE BEAT. STAY THERE TOM AND ZAK ERIE PA.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
St. Joseph, MI
Reviewed December 19, 2009

My wife was scheduled for surgery at U of C, so I wanted a hotel close by. For past hospitalizations, I had stayed at a downtown hotel, which was not as convenient, and parking was expensive. South Loop Hotel was a very pleasant surprise and only four miles from the hospital (and you don't need to get on a freeway to get there!). Modern, clean, well appointed. Odd that there was no coffee pot, remote control or Gideon's Bilble in the room, but I was there to sleep! I will stay here again the next time we have to come back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business