“The worst hotel ever.”

Ranked #99 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Madison, Wisconsin
“The worst hotel ever.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had the worst hotel experience in my life. There is a club/lounge on the 1st floor, I was in room 24x. Starting from 08:30pm till 02:00am. All I hear is the base/loud noise from downstairs. I complained to the hotel 2 times and I got no help. Trust me, you don't want to stay there.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Im sorry to hear that you were displeased with your hotel reservations. We love feedback from our guests as it gives a chance to correct where we fell short. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This appears to be a new hotel with an impressive lobby. Parking was free, however if the lot is full you must park your car on the street at your own peril. There was construction going on in the room next to me but the noise subsided around 8 pm. My room was massive. By far the largest hotel room i've seen in North America. Beds were comfortable however there is a window beside the bed that has no covering. There is nothing to shade you from the outside light, or sunlight in the morning. When I brought this up with the hotel they simply shrugged and said the room just came that way. This was a massive oversight in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thak you for your comments and concerns and I apologize for the inconvience you had during your expierence with us. We are currently updating our draperies and minor renovations to all our rooms. We hope to have the chance to show you we are commited to our guests and service that we provide.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We've come for trade show at McCormick Place 4 years now and have stayed here every year. Great rooms - real queen size beds, refrigerator, plenty of room as far as room size. Super easy to get to McCormick Place for the trade show. Also incredibly close to some fantastic restaurants just up on State Street or Michigan Avenue.
Would recommend this every time !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank 574ericc
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Eric, thank you so much for your kind words. Its our pleasure to be your home away from home when your in Chicago. We look forward to seeing you next year!
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have love working with The South Loop Hotel for the last 5 years and continuing our business relationship. The hotel is great and getting better every year! The staff is friendly and always willing to help with a smile. Thank you for being a great hotel for all events going into town!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Blake S
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Blake S,

Thank you for the kind words, we too appreciate you and the clients you send us! We look forward to a continuous relationship and Hope to see you when you return to Chicago. Thank you from all your friends at The Chicago South Loop Hotel!
Ada, MI
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I have found this to be a great place to stay on our trips to Chicago. We always have found the rooms to be very clean, the check in quick and easy and our stay relaxing. We love the convenience to (walking distance if it isn't snowing or raining too much) to McCormick Center for meetings and an easy $2.25 bus ride to downtown! The staff is always friendly and accommodating. We love the food at both the bar and the L restaurant. This hotel is the best kept secret in Chicago...quiet, relaxing and so enjoyable! We will obviously be back! Best perk...Free parking!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank thebee
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you!

Dont keep us secret too long!

We can't wait to welcome you back to Chicago!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed here several times. The staff is great here, they will go above and beyond your expectations. I checked in on my last visit and was very dissappointed with the guest service agent. 1 it took forever to get checked in, the desk agent serviced everyone in the lobby except me while I was standing at the front desk, he took care of a young lady needing to sign a card, then offered to assist the gentleman behind me. WOW REALLY.... 2. i was in room 205 the heat wasnt working I called the front desk and was told someone would come check on it... well 45 mins later, still no one came, I called back down only to be told by the same frotn desk agent,he knew nothing about it. WOW REALLY? the housekeepers need to learn to knock on door before entering, this was the 2nd time housekeepers have walked in the room on me, no knock, no anything but me staring at the housekeeper fresh out the shower.... even with this experience I still enjoy this hotel and will return.... C'mon South Loop get it together, I know your service is better then this!!!!!1

Room Tip: seems the heat doesn't work on the side with low number's the hallway was warmer then the ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Your comments and concerns mean alot to us and they will not go unnoticed. Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to see you soon!
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have to admit I was expecting the hotel to be in an area that's totally rundown but this was not the case. Outside of the broken elevator so only 1 elevator was working that weekend it was relatively good. At night it sounds like a party in the hallways, not an issue for my family, but maybe for you. I'll start with the bads.

The BAD:
1. Parking is free.....if you can find some. Parking is available before 5-6pm, after that its an extremely rare find. Saturday and Friday nights its so bad that people will make their own spots only to get told by the hotel to move their car or it gets towed. I believe street parking is available and free in the immediate area. The hotel does not have nearly enough spots per room.
2. No easy access to the trains/subway. Nearest subway access is Chinatown about 4 blocks up and 1 block over. The Metra is about 7 blocks away.

The GOOD:
1. Close to convention center, Soldier Field, Museums, & Downtown. The Willis tower was about 5 minute drive away.
2. Rooms are large and spacious even the 2 queen rooms.
3. Flat screen TV which also allowed us to plug in our phone so the kids can watch Netflix.
4. Rooms were clean and furniture and appliances looked new.

The spacious rooms is what sets this hotel from the norm.

Room Tip: North wing gives you quick access to the parking room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ThreeWiseMen1998
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
The number 29 bus picks up and drops you off right at the corner, this bus will take you all the way to Navy Pier and there is lots of great stuff to do on the way!