“Always stay”

Ranked #103 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Ada, MI
“Always stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I have found this to be a great place to stay on our trips to Chicago. We always have found the rooms to be very clean, the check in quick and easy and our stay relaxing. We love the convenience to (walking distance if it isn't snowing or raining too much) to McCormick Center for meetings and an easy $2.25 bus ride to downtown! The staff is always friendly and accommodating. We love the food at both the bar and the L restaurant. This hotel is the best kept secret in Chicago...quiet, relaxing and so enjoyable! We will obviously be back! Best perk...Free parking!

2 Thank thebee
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you!

Dont keep us secret too long!

We can't wait to welcome you back to Chicago!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed here several times. The staff is great here, they will go above and beyond your expectations. I checked in on my last visit and was very dissappointed with the guest service agent. 1 it took forever to get checked in, the desk agent serviced everyone in the lobby except me while I was standing at the front desk, he took care of a young lady needing to sign a card, then offered to assist the gentleman behind me. WOW REALLY.... 2. i was in room 205 the heat wasnt working I called the front desk and was told someone would come check on it... well 45 mins later, still no one came, I called back down only to be told by the same frotn desk agent,he knew nothing about it. WOW REALLY? the housekeepers need to learn to knock on door before entering, this was the 2nd time housekeepers have walked in the room on me, no knock, no anything but me staring at the housekeeper fresh out the shower.... even with this experience I still enjoy this hotel and will return.... C'mon South Loop get it together, I know your service is better then this!!!!!1

Room Tip: seems the heat doesn't work on the side with low number's the hallway was warmer then the ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Your comments and concerns mean alot to us and they will not go unnoticed. Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to see you soon!
Columbus Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have to admit I was expecting the hotel to be in an area that's totally rundown but this was not the case. Outside of the broken elevator so only 1 elevator was working that weekend it was relatively good. At night it sounds like a party in the hallways, not an issue for my family, but maybe for you. I'll start with the bads.

The BAD:
1. Parking is free.....if you can find some. Parking is available before 5-6pm, after that its an extremely rare find. Saturday and Friday nights its so bad that people will make their own spots only to get told by the hotel to move their car or it gets towed. I believe street parking is available and free in the immediate area. The hotel does not have nearly enough spots per room.
2. No easy access to the trains/subway. Nearest subway access is Chinatown about 4 blocks up and 1 block over. The Metra is about 7 blocks away.

The GOOD:
1. Close to convention center, Soldier Field, Museums, & Downtown. The Willis tower was about 5 minute drive away.
2. Rooms are large and spacious even the 2 queen rooms.
3. Flat screen TV which also allowed us to plug in our phone so the kids can watch Netflix.
4. Rooms were clean and furniture and appliances looked new.

The spacious rooms is what sets this hotel from the norm.

Room Tip: North wing gives you quick access to the parking room.
1 Thank ThreeWiseMen1998
Diana G, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
The number 29 bus picks up and drops you off right at the corner, this bus will take you all the way to Navy Pier and there is lots of great stuff to do on the way!
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I want to give this hotel a very good rating instead of a average rating and the only reason is because the only thing this hotel is lacking is the customer service. If they better there customer service then this hotel would be a gem. However, I liked everything else. If your looking for a hotel with free parking and away from the hustle and bustle of Michigan ave then this is it. In the Bronzeville section. The area looks sketchy but Its not too bad. You are close to the bus that will take you to MI ave if you decide not to drive and you also have the train (CTA). You are also very close to the McCormick Place. The rooms were super big with garden tub baths. There is a restaurant and a bar which both have daily specials and drink specials. All in all I would definitely be back at this hotel. For what your paying and you get free parking and BIG rooms its a bargain.

1 Thank Adventuredude718
Im delighted to see you enjoyed our large rooms and free parking!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

OMG! The staff here is great! Very accommodating! Ms. Ward, Director of Sales and Ms. Blake, Executive Housekeeper are the best, as well as the young lady at the front desk. They are very helpful and the rooms were very clean. We arrived early for a conference and the staff were able to accommodate us by allowing us to check in early. They helped us every step of the way with information about eating, transportation and other directions. I truly appreciate the service! When I'm in the area again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you! Hope to be your home away from home, come see us soon!
columbus ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here while visiting the Illinois Institute of Technology which is right down the street. So the location was terrific, but the hotel maybe needs a little TLC. The parking lot was overflowing and we got the last space available, but had to pull in the car mirrors and I had to direct my husband back into the space. Needless to say the parking lot is tight. I had read previous reviews about the train noise, so I asked for a quiet room away from the train. While there is no escaping it completely, we did have another part of the hotel blocking some of the noise. The bathroom needs a little updating and the towels need to be replaced, they were really worn. There is a cafe on the main floor. It said it opened at 7:00 but had to wait until 7:15 for the doors to open. We just wanted a cup of coffee and let me just say, it was the worst cup of coffee I have ever tasted. I believe this cafe is privately owned, but it is in the hotel and the only choice since there is nothing else close by to walk to in the neighborhood. If you're dying for a cup of coffee at this place, maybe go outside and try a mud puddle, it would taste better.

1 Thank travelerColumbusOhio
We always love to hear from our guests and your comments will not go unnoticed. Hope to see you soon!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The floor we stayed on was SO horribly HOT 2 of us had asthma attacks when we arrived & the room we soon cooled room of though!...I was so busy I let them know about our floor being too HOT & how workers will be more productive when cooler the manager (I think) turned around & told janitor to fix it & it was soon after! We were there 4 nights...Also the bar has food to take out but we didn't know until 3rd night...Little deli like store next to computer room was very good food & friendly owner

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Glad to see you enjoyed the Cafe!