“Very Nice Affordable Hotel in Chicago”

Chicago South Loop Hotel
Ranked #101 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed at the South Loop Hotel in Chicago in Dec 2013. The hotel was very easy to find. The hotel provided free parking in their secure parking lot. Very close to McCormick Place (about 6 blocks). The reception staff was very courteous and check-in took less than a minute. Front lobby is huge and clean. The best thing I liked about the hotel was the room itself. It was very large and had a lot of free space even with the two queen beds. The furniture was very nice and elegant. Bathroom was very clean and had good amenities. It was easily the largest hotel room I have ever stayed. The room rate was less than $100/night so I was very pleasantly surprised at what I got for that rate. I will make it a point to stay here whenever I visit Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sun R
RDoyle76, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for your survey. We are pleased we your experience with us was such a great one. Your experience is our goal with each and ever one of our guest. Thanks again and we can not wait to welcome you back to the city!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My coworker and I attended a conference in the south loop area and found this hotel to be really convenient. The decor is classy, simple, and nice. Not over the top. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and there was a separate area where I could work separately from my coworker. And the shower and bathtub were awesome. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
RDoyle76, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

WOW! I am glad you had such an ejoyable and comfortable experience with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at The Chicago South Loop Hotel, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice with my boyfriend.The first time my stay was unpleasant. The second time was a bit better. I've summed up my 2 experiences below.

Positives:
Rooms are spacious
Free coffee in room
FREE PARKING

Negatives:
Loud hallways
Seems a bit shady at times ( in terms of clientele)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marina F

Thank you for your survey. The hotel is commited to an excellent guest experience and sorry you did not get that with your every stay. We hope to see you again so that we can show what we are made of!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Excellent hotel for the price. Love the ambiance. Professional staff and great food. Loved the atmosphere in the sports bar. A nice neighborhood place with good music and food. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much so much for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed here on a whim. Friends and I decided we wanted to go out and since we'd be south all day this was the best value. The free parking pretty much did it for us. Since we'd use the room for a quick nap and then return in a drunken stupor I didn't really care about the quality, but it was much nicer than I anticipated. It's a solid 3 star hotel. Room was spacious, clean and had ample towels. No need to call in the AM to request clean towels. Check-in was easy and very friendly. Great option if you're visiting Chinatown or south of the city. I think it's the closest hotel to downtown that offers free parking (??).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
RDoyle76, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your survey and comments. I am glad you found the hotel comfortble and the parking convient. Hope to see you again on your next spontanous visit to the city.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My overall experience cleanliness and overall service of the hotel was impeccable. room service and front desk service was simply amazing very polite take care of whatever questions I had and always handle business very professionally. I will definitely visit again when I return to Chicago! A must stay!!!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your survey and I am pleased to hear you had such a great time here at the hotel. Our hopes at a hotel is for all guest to have the expereience what you encountered. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back to the city in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our stay at the South Loop hotel in November was awesome. The night manager and hotel staff were wonderful, kind and helpful. The rooms were spacious, quiet and clean (Yaaaay!). The lobby is lovely. It was easy to get to and offers two adjacent parking lots. I'm a bit of a 'Hotel Snob' and I would totally stay there again. Thank you to the entire hotel staff!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
RDoyle76, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I am very happy to hear that you had such a great time and we were able to please even a 'hotel snob"! Thank you for the personal shout out and we hope to see you on your next visit!!