“Good hotel for the price”

Chicago South Loop Hotel
Ranked #100 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Good overall experience, with the exception of incredibly rude staff in the breakfast cafe. They made us feel as if we were an inconvenience to them. Learn some customer service! Friendliness goes a long way!

• Stayed: March 2013
RDoyle76, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I would like to apologize for the negative experience you encoutered at the restaurant. I will be informing their management staff about this survey. If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to ask!

Ryan Doyle
rdoyle@fhginc.com

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I used Chicago Loop Hotel while I was attending a convention at the McCormick Convention Center. The hotel is close to the convention center (a taxi ride is still necessary). It has clean and spacious rooms. The staffs are friendly and helpful. The rate was very competitive compared to other hotel in Chicago. The only challenge was to get a taxi in the evening as the area is away from downtown.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank David B

Thank you. It is true that we are an under $10 ride to McCormick place or around a fifteen minute walk. Glad to hear your experience with us was enjoyable!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Clean comfortable and convenient. Nicely sized rooms. Free Parking in limited access, guarded parking lots. Breakfast in the small cafe/coffee shop ok, but avoid the restaurant's breakfast buffet. Lunch in the bar was very good. Spacious lobby was great for meeting friends. Closeness to IIT, McCormick Place and China Town is a plus. Group pricing for visit to IIT made this a Chicago bargain. Yes we recommend it, yes we will stay again.
Jackie was splendid at the registration desk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Great to know you found your new spot in Chicago. I will be passing your kind words on to Jackie!!

Thank you and see you soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The reviews made it sound better than it really is. Curtains and drapes hanging half off the wall, no covering on the bottom to the bed, exposed mattresses. Fire alarm goes off at 3 in the morning......everyone gets out of bed, into the hall....fire departments arrive to try and shut off alarm.
No coffee in the morning in the business center......yikes, get me out of here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M B
RDoyle76, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had while experiencing our hotel. Although the false fire alarm is out of our control, I do apologize for the unneeded stress it caused.

If you need anything in the future please do not hesistate to contact me,

Ryan Doyle

312-225-7000
rdoyle@fhginc.com

Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you are tired of small hotel rooms you need to try the Chicago South Loop Hotel. Nice large clean rooms, wonderful staff . only thing I would have liked to have had was a nice coffee shop,and room service. There was a "canateen" where you could get a simple breakfast, and coffee but you either sat on stools at a bar, or took the items back to your room.
There is a nice restaurant and bar in the hotel which I did not use so can not review the food. Gated Parking, secure entry to the hotel and a staff that will go the extra mile for you is reason enough to stay at this hotel.
My only complaint was the rude, and loud neighbors, who came in late and made all kinds of noise in the hallway. when asked to keep it quiet, I was told to shut up and go in my room. This problem was handled by the staff and no further noise was heard the rest of the night.
I had business at McCormick place and was able to park my car for free at the hotel and take a $6.00 cab ride the few blocks to the center and not worry about finding parking. I can not say enough about the staff who allowed me a late check-out which made my experience even better. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side of the Hotel. Hotel needs to sound proff the doors.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theodore C

Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and found the hotel so accommodating. I apologize for the noisy neighbors, but pleased to hear security was able to resolve the issue.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed February 2013. No problems at all. A very comfortable hotel and another great thing...parking is free! The hotel was clean, rooms are large, refrigerator in the room, staff was very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was great. Easy taxi ride to McCormick Place for a little over $5. You could walk to McCormick if the weather was nice. After reading other reviews, we asked for a room on the quiet side and it was very quiet. We also parked in the gated lot which was right outside the lobby doors. Thanks to reading the other reviews we decided to stay and glad we did!

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the quiet side after reading other reviews...it was very quiet. We parked in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is true that we are conviently located near McCormick Place. We also just had new beds placed in all the rooms! See you soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I found a fantastic rate on H O T WR. Worth every penny. Less than 2 miles to McCormick Center. Free parking, not a place where you can walk to find things to do. I did not use the business center, it had a 4-5 computers and a printer. I used the fitness center, it was clean and all the equipment was in working order.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Hensemon
RDoyle76, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Great to hear that you really enjoyed our hotel. And you are right; McCormick Place is conviently close to the hotel. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon!