“Lousy food!”

Harborside International Golf Center
Ranked #43 of 100 Outdoor Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: This urban course, in sight of the Chicago skyline, was created on top of a pit of construction refuse.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lousy food!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a friend who had eaten there before. She recommended the cobb salad. Now I love cobb salads and have had many over the course of my life. I ordered it with the dressing on the side. The young waitress brought me the salad with the dressing mixed in. She did offer to have a new one made, but the service had been so slow with the salad that I didn't feel like waiting another 20 minutes for another selection so I decided to try and eat it. It was drenched in blue cheese dressing, had no avocados in it as described in the menu, the bacon was not crispy and two of the cherry tomatoes tasted like cardboard. Very disappointing. I ended up sending it back and not ordering anything else. My friend had ordered the club sandwich which she shared with me. It tasted ok but the kettle chips were stale. Yuck. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Poor service and terrible food.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jacqueline R

Minneapolis
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“An interesting and affordable track”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Harborside features two golf courses constructed over an old landfill. It sits near Lake Michigan and features the interesting juxtaposition of a Scottish-like links landscape and giant industrial plants lining the horizon. For a big city golf course, it was both very reasonable and not crowded. There are a huge number of bunkers and water comes into play quite a bit, but it was a fun golf experience. My only criticism is that there was a "sameness" to many holes that made parts of the round a bit monotonous. The course was in excellent condition despite the late onset of Spring. These courses are certainly worth a try.

Visited May 2013
London
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great find for a municipal”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This municipal course has two inland link courses. Both are great fun to play. The courses were excellently presented and well manicured. THe greens were fast and true. Lots of sand and the holes can get a bit samey after a while. At the time we played the course was over watered and very boggey....when we questioned the pro all he could tell us is that there was a drought.....yer but the outside temperature is not hot and the course is sodden under foot! and they were still watering on all holes!!! The club house served great food and beer.

I would recommend this for any visiting guests....a 4 ball teeing off at 8.30 took 4 hours. Perect.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great challenge, great facilities, nice people.”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I planned a round of Golf following a business trip to Chicago and found the Harborside on the net. I contacted Terry O'Neil (PGA, Head Golf Professional, Administration & Outings) by E-Mail to find out if this was possible. Terry really delivered, organised everything for me, booked a tee-time and on the day put me with a 3 ball (Thanks to Jay, Joel and Sam) who made me very welcome. The course is links style next to Lake Calumet and a great challenge, sand traps everywhere with water hazards thrown in. The course itself was in great condition, I am told the grass in the rough grows really high later in the season and balls can be lost. My hotel was in downtown Chicago so I had to get a cab which cost $40. If you do this make sure you give a map to the driver as both ways the drivers had difficulty locating the facility. Thoroughly recommended!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Neverkusen
Chicago, Illinois
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Flawless Execution”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I'm a professional meeting planner and had a corporate outing yesterday. Terry O'Neill, the Golf Professional, was extremely easy to work with and made arrangements so simple! I had a staff member onsite working the event and he called several times to say how well executed everything was, how easy the course was to work with and how happy all the golfers were. Stefani's handles the catering there and I received rave reviews on the box lunches... good reviews on a box lunch? Crazy! I would highly recommend Harborside for a corporate outing.

Visited August 2011