“Great find for a municipal”

Harborside International Golf Center
More attraction details
Owner description: This urban course, in sight of the Chicago skyline, was created on top of a pit of construction refuse.
London
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great find for a municipal”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This municipal course has two inland link courses. Both are great fun to play. The courses were excellently presented and well manicured. THe greens were fast and true. Lots of sand and the holes can get a bit samey after a while. At the time we played the course was over watered and very boggey....when we questioned the pro all he could tell us is that there was a drought.....yer but the outside temperature is not hot and the course is sodden under foot! and they were still watering on all holes!!! The club house served great food and beer.

I would recommend this for any visiting guests....a 4 ball teeing off at 8.30 took 4 hours. Perect.

Visited October 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great challenge, great facilities, nice people.”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I planned a round of Golf following a business trip to Chicago and found the Harborside on the net. I contacted Terry O'Neil (PGA, Head Golf Professional, Administration & Outings) by E-Mail to find out if this was possible. Terry really delivered, organised everything for me, booked a tee-time and on the day put me with a 3 ball (Thanks to Jay, Joel and Sam) who made me very welcome. The course is links style next to Lake Calumet and a great challenge, sand traps everywhere with water hazards thrown in. The course itself was in great condition, I am told the grass in the rough grows really high later in the season and balls can be lost. My hotel was in downtown Chicago so I had to get a cab which cost $40. If you do this make sure you give a map to the driver as both ways the drivers had difficulty locating the facility. Thoroughly recommended!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Neverkusen
Chicago, Illinois
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Flawless Execution”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I'm a professional meeting planner and had a corporate outing yesterday. Terry O'Neill, the Golf Professional, was extremely easy to work with and made arrangements so simple! I had a staff member onsite working the event and he called several times to say how well executed everything was, how easy the course was to work with and how happy all the golfers were. Stefani's handles the catering there and I received rave reviews on the box lunches... good reviews on a box lunch? Crazy! I would highly recommend Harborside for a corporate outing.

Visited August 2011