“Just booking this tour is causing stress, how is the tour going to compare??!”

Chicago Segway Tour
Ranked #58 of 183 Tours in Chicago
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I bought vouchers thru Living Social; I am trying to book my tour now and cannot get thru to do so in any way. I tried the phone number provided; You have to leave a number to contact you at and then find out the mailbox is full, please call back; I tried to access the website thru many avenues, and they also require you to leave your information and they will call back; when you try to send the message, you get an error and the message cannot be processed. How exactly do you book this trip??! I am already beyond upset and frustrated, but I spent $39 x 3, so I am not giving up but I don;t expect much more from the experience than the problems I have already dealt with. They will have to really WOW me now to get my praise! Living Social needs to research their deals better!

There are newer reviews for Chicago Segway Tour

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Only one staff member was in charge of processing the participants and there was a long wait for the so-called 5:30pm tour.
There was a questionable offer of $3 insurance fee for flat tire per person. This never happened to the Segway Tour I went on offered by another company.
My overseas relatives who understand but does not feel comfortable speaking English were rejected, even when we have an experience rider and fluent speaker travelling with them: when they have indicated understanding of one staff member's instructions, another one was called in to speak quickly. He indicated he will not be speaking slowly just to make them understand clearly as there are times he needed to speak quickly to the group. If you are ever on a Segway Tour, you would know that all the instructions needed while travelling is 'stop here', 'be careful of the slope, the traffic', 'keep up' etc. and mostly you can just follow the leader and group, which made his excuse sounded ridiculous.
I was not allowed to destroy the personal information given in our waivers even though we did not participate.
When I scrambled to make other plans, I saw the tour participants getting out of the building at 6:28pm!!
Because it was supposed to be the highlight to show off Chicago Lakefront to my relatives, due to their short stay, they did not have the opportunity to see any of the lakefront landmarks, which was a big disappointment after my many hours of planning.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Groupon advertisement is FALSE ADVERTISING. They will offer you the same price just by walking in. They inflate the value just to make it look like you are getting a deal through Groupon. They make you sign waivers releasing then of any liability if you get hurt, but they are willing to make you do your tour in a fierce storm, raining buckets of rain and high winds, and dismiss the the potential danger in their words as, "extreme segway" They are only concerned about getting your money, and NOT your safety that they are more than willing to make you take your tour in a dangerous torrential down pour, The tour was supposed to be 2,5 hours, but we sat in the building for over an hour, before even being trained in the segways. Then they later said the the actual tour is only 60 to 90 minutes. what crooks, That is NOT what they advertised through Groupon. These people need to get sued!!!

2  Thank Thumper_Too
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've been to the city many times, but this tour made the last trip to the city one I'll never forget. Friendly staff, great atmosphere, and SEGWAYS! This is a great way to get outside and enjoy the beautiful Chicago scenery. If it is your first time in the city or even if you are a local--give Chicago Segway Tours a visit!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

These guys are a total rip off

Segway Tours are awesome, so find another company. Just don't go here. They have hidden adders like tire insurance (wha?, WHA???) that while is "optional" isn't. They advertise $49. BS - they charged me $235 for 3 people and I had already paid $111 for 3 groupons. You do the math. Thats about $350 WITH THE GROUPON. Oh please. They kept my credit card while I was on the tour. Seriously? Like I was going to abscond with their segway?

Safety is sketch too. They had over 40 novice riders "practicing" in a free for all in a small garage inside while the other riders were set up, including teenagge boys who zoomed across the floor (well, honestly, who wouldn't like to do that?) while several 60 year olds were trying to learn to ride. Even one of the guides commented on that. It wasn't safe. Period.

Don't use this company. Pick one of the several others. You'll be glad you did

1  Thank ExperienceCollectorPDX

Been to Chicago Segway Tour? Share your experiences!