Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$118
FindHotel$118
eDreams$118
Traveluro$122
1,551 results
All reviews great location magnificent mile northwestern hospital complimentary breakfast michigan avenue mag mile within walking distance would stay here again front desk staff valet parking water tower fitness center great room king bed floor block downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

I would not book this hotel for a family event, however I would book in the future indivually or as a couple. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, hotel is located in a excellent area for site seeing, shopping and restaurants.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2016

I usually stay at Hampton/Hilton brand if I can and I am glad once again that I did. This place was very beautiful. It is located in a nice location where you can walk to a lot of attractions.
I got a room on the 39th floor which had great views of the city and was huge. This is one of the biggest hotel rooms that I have ever been in that wasn't some sort of suite. It was also very clean and the staff was helpful. They weren't quite as friendly as I usually expect from a Hampton Inn, but not rude by any means.
I didn't use them, but the exercise room and pool on the 40th also looked nice, I chose to walk to the Lake Shore and take the trail instead.
The free breakfast was good as usual too...

I spent such a small amount of time here that I really would like to come back and stay longer.

One more comment, I read a few reviews about slow elevators and from my experience, they went really fast and I never had to wait long except for once.

Room tip: Get a room on a high up floor, the views are amazing...
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

The room was really small. The bathroom had no ventilation ceiling was peeling. It just seem like the room was built around the elevator shaft not to cozy not enough room for two people. The bathroom door wouldn't open all the way along with the door going into the room but only open partially because it hit the ceiling

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Only 3 elevators from floors 13-40 and they did not work properly going down. We noticed at least one of them didn't work properly when we were at the pool (40th floor) going down to our room on the 14th floor and even though the button was pushed, it skipped right past us. Going up wasn't an issue, but imagine our departure when we had to carry 5 bags down 14 floors of stairs.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura O, Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments. Please let me know if I can send you a gift certificate for our property to be used the next time you are here.

Laura O'Hara
laura.o'hara@Hilton.com

Reviewed September 5, 2016

The room was huge with sofa, recliner, large tv, king bed, mini fridge, & lovely linens.
We were there the night before my hubby's knee replacement surgery and FORGOT to ask for a handicapped accessible room. There was no grab rail in the tub/shower and the toilet did not seem to be ADA height so he had some difficulty moving around. At night, the path to the bathroom was VERY DARK: BYO night light. It was a PERFECT LOCATION for us because we were advised to leave his walker and transport chair at home. The morning of surgery, I walked across the street and borrowed a NWMH wheel chair to bring back to the hotel so I could wheel him to the hospital.

Breakfast was a cut above budget hotel hot breakfasts, with omlettes, french toast, sausage links, bacon, home made oatmeal, fruit salad, different coffees and teas including hot chocolate.

There was a nice workout room and pool (in summer) and free wifi.

Room tip: If you need grab rails, raised toilet seat, etc ASK for a handicapped accessible room.
Date of stay: May 2016