“Good spot in the loop, with ok service”
Review of Siam Rice

Siam Rice
Ranked #1,528 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I work in the loop and have been here multiple times for lunch. Service is fast but lacking friendliness because there are just so many people waiting for a table at lunch time. It usually takes less than 5mins to get your food after you order. From time to time Siam Rice will really surprises me and I'll feel like they got my order out faster than a fast food restaurant. How is that possible.

If you're not there at 11:30 be prepared to wait wait wait Prices are decent for the amount of food you get. And most of the dishes I've tried are taste pretty. One thing I was not a fan of was that the restaurant tries to fit in any many tables as possible in the space they have. You could be sitting comfortably at your own table but you will feel like you're sharing a table with your neighbors. That's how close everyone is packed in and this makes for getting up and not bumping in to any one else difficult. If you are conscious of your personal space this may be troublesome for you. I would definitely recommend this Siam Rice over other Thai restaurants in the loop but be prepared order right after you sit down, be crammed in, and eat fast! Enjoy.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I went to Siam Rice for a business lunch recently. The food is very good and reasonably priced and the location is convenient in Chicago's loop. Unfortunately, because of these good qualities, the restaurant was packed. As a result, service was rushed to the point of rudeness, it was very difficult to carry on a conversation and our table was practically in the restrooms.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a great place to go for lunch, though it can get quite busy. The chicken panang curry is my favorite.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

BYOB, which is nice. Amazingly low prices, food just okay, service attentive, food delivery super speedy. Highly recommend it for a quick, cheap bite before going to the Cadillac Palace for a show.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We very much enjoyed our dinner at Siam Rice. We sampled a few appetizers. The spring rolls were the best! Our party ordered 4 different entrees and sampled from each other. The food was hot and came quickly. Our server was very nice and we definitely will go back again.