“Wonderful and different food in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste of Peru

Taste of Peru
Ranked #750 of 9,499 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Rogers Park
Emmaus
“Wonderful and different food in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a small, family run place near the Rogers Park section of Chicago. The "Estofado de Pollo" (Chicken Stew) was one of the best things that I have ever eaten, with wonderful spices. My wife had the "Sudado de Filete de Pascado con Marisco" (steamed fish with squid, mussels, scallops and shrimp) which was also excellent. The atmosphere is almost like eating in a small town in Peru. There are so many other good looking things of the menu that we will be back for more.

• Visited October 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Absolutely Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Order up and share the dishes. There is a lot to try here and one visit is not going to do it. Great paella with a lot of variety of seafood in it. Great broasted chicken moist and tender. Don't be put off by its little strip mall appearance. This place is authentic and food is served up with pride. Reservations accepted but waiting in line is well worth it. Bring your own wine.

• Visited October 2013
Long Beach, California
“Every dish was wonderful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've lived in Chicago for more than 20 years and in that time I've been to hundreds of restaurants. I don't know why I've missed this one. Perhaps it's because it's in a shopping strip that you'd pass by without a second glance. Perhaps it's because it's not a foodie neighborhood. We went with a dozen friends for a birthday celebration. We ordered 20 or more dishes to share. Every item was marvelous. Service was friendly and prompt. Pricing was surprisingly affordable: less than $200 for 12 people...including desserts! They don't pay much attention to the atmosphere (so don't go expecting a fancy place). Go for the food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank chgo919
New York, NY
“Great food/ price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I ate at this restaurant this past weekend. Good quality and freshness.
Staff friendly.
I had a "ceviche mixto", love it.. spicy but good.
Prices within a budget.
I recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank vas444
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and daughter found this restaurant 4 years ago after moving her into her freshman dorm. He raved about ever since but we never got back there. So now my kid graduates and we ended up celebrating at Taste of Peru, and I am kicking myself for having missed the opportunity to eat there during our college visits. It was fantastic. My husband loves the soup. I had the chicken with avocado salad and it was dynamite. As for the other diners with us, I can't even tell you what they ate because I was too busy enjoying my meal. Really, really great. There is also live music on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, although we were there on a Thursday and there were 2 wonderful musicians playing. I'm hooked.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank knitwit764

Been to Taste of Peru? Share your experiences!