Open today: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$114.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Adler Planetarium
Chicago CityPASS
374 Reviews
from $114.00
from $68.00
from $44.99
from $112.00
2,154 results
All reviews solar system space exploration chicago skyline field museum interesting exhibits planets astronomy telescope gemini astronaut science mission aquarium
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2019

I enjoy visiting the Adler every few years, but I think it is getting too kid oriented. And I mis the oldtime starshow a bit. Still, it is always worth a visit.

1  Thank Ewe_W_Ohh
AdlerPlanet, General Manager at Adler Planetarium, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Thank you for the review and feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay :).

Reviewed September 6, 2019

I loved the two shows we saw planet nine and enjoy the moon amazing dome to look in it was so much fun looking at all the stuff and the food is very good I recommended this place for everyone to toddlers and elderly very fun and I can see most people enjoying it just as much as I did

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you for the lovely review! Keep looking up :).

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

I bought tickets online for the September 6th show and was not able to find parking due to a tailgating event that they were hosting. Event staff did not know where we could park for the planetarium and the planetarium itself wasn't answering the phone! We got there at 2:40 for our 3:30 show and no one answered the phone or knew where we could park to make the show. When I called back to ask for a refund they told me I should've gotten there earlier since they close at four and there are no refunds. I'm very disapointed as I was really looking forward to the show and now I'm not only out the $70 I spent but I'm also not going to be able to see a show there until next year.

Date of experience: September 2019
AdlerPlanet, General Manager at Adler Planetarium, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2019

We're so sorry that you weren't able to see one of our shows. We'd be happy to give you a few complimentary passes for your next visit. Send us a direct message here on TripAdvisor for more info!

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We went with family. We enjoyed 2 shows (IMAGINE THE MOON & DESTINATION SOLAR SYSTEM). I highly recommend watching these 2 moves(20~30 mins). There are other shows, you can watch if you like. Overall it is worth to spend at least 6hrs.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you for this lovely review. So glad that you enjoyed our newest show Imagine the Moon. Keep looking up!

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Located on the northeast tip of Northerly Island at the shore of Lake Michigan, the Planetarium provides an amazing view of Chicago while approaching it, and a wonderful variety of attractions within. You don't have to be a science "geek" to enjoy the presentation and exhibits. We took our grandchildren (boy-11, girl-9), and they loved it. We took them to two shows IMAGINE THE MOON and WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSE, and they loved them. They also liked the exhibits accompanying both shows. They were equally fascinated by THE UNIVERSE: A WALK THROUGH SPACE AND TIME exhibit. So, whether by yourself, with only adults, or with the family, you will be very happy you visited the Adler Planetarium.

3  Thank DennyS510

Thank you so much for this lovely review! We're so glad that you and your grandchildren had such an OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD time at the Adler. Come back soon⁠—and keep looking up :).