Open today: Closed

Book in advance
from
$114.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Adler Planetarium
Chicago CityPASS
375 Reviews
from $114.00
from $68.00
from $44.99
from $112.00
2,155 results
All reviews solar system space exploration chicago skyline field museum interesting exhibits planets astronomy telescope gemini astronaut science mission aquarium
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We had got a city pass that includes 5 city attractions. We visited the Field museum, alder planetarium and the aquarium. All of the attractions are just waking distance to each other. Also I think if you have the city pass tickets, you don't need to wait in the long line ups.
Honestly, I loved the planetarium. So many fun activities you can actually perform and understand the science behind those. You can spend hours in there. I think we spent like 3 hours and then finally had to leave because the plantearium was about to close
I would highly recommend visiting the planetarium and watching the shows there. Shows are usually 30mins long and each one is unique and worth seeing.

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank mehru24
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We didn't plan to take our 3 and 4 year old but did and it was a good choice. They both enjoy stars and planets so they had fun. There is a big play area which is science focused which they really enjoyed. The other exhibits while not really for their age, they still seemed to enjoy the pics or buttons to interact.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

The view of Lake Michigan from the Planetarium is amazing. Many people were just hanging out on the lawn and lots of people were catching Pokémon as it is a huge site. My 12 year old son was in heaven!! There is a nice Apollo 13 exhibit and the movie Destination Solar System was fun and entertaining, however the Sky Watch Live was not as good. The presenter talks in a monotone voice which is nice but can also put you to sleep and the chairs in the theatre lean back into the people behind you and my son had a small kid kicking his seat the entire time so it was not as fun for us.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Been here for 50 mins and I wish I could say what I through about this place but I'm still in line to buy tickets. So my opinion is these people, who run a busy attraction in downtown Chicago, have no flipping clue how to manage entrance into their own museum. Avoid at all costs, go to the shed, the field, or even science and industry where they have lines just as long but take a lot less time. Or better yet cut your losses and go to ikea and get that project you've been putting off finished instead.

1  Thank Daydream595226
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Definitely for all ages. Discover earth, the planets, the moon and more. Alot of displays you can touch and work with to learn how about how the earth and surrounding planets developed. How mankind has elements from space like oxygen, iron, calcium and oops..forgot the others .

We could go into any theater because they were all booked out. So we paid $12 only for the general admission but it was enough to do and see.