“Good place to visit”

Ranked #9 of 648 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of America's premier natural history museums, the Field's "Live over Time" exhibit now houses "Sue," the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex ever discovered.
Kirkland, WA
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 380 helpful votes
“Good place to visit”
Reviewed November 11, 2006

My husband and I made a trip to Chicago in September to see the King Tut exhibit. We were quite pleased with the variety of artifacts at the exhibit. The only downside was that was was quite crowded, and you were herded through in such a way that there were throngs of people clustered about the objects with not a lot of room to move around.

After viewing King Tut, we enjoyed several other exhibits, including Ancient Egypt and the dinosaur exhibit. If you only have time for 1 museum, I would recommend the Art Institue over the Field Museum.

3 Thank Kirkland_Traveller

Fox Lake, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 9, 2006

I have been to many exhibits at the Field Museum and this was the worse! For the price we paid, I expected much, much more! I know that there are so many artifacts in the museum in Cairo - why weren't they here? Anyway, don't waste your money. Look at the pictures in a book.

3 Thank Maetz315
Loveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Could Have Been Better!”
Reviewed October 27, 2006

This exhibit did not have enough items of King Tut! There was lots of other egyptian items not from his period. So I and my companios were somewhat disappointed. Also, the museum has other items from Egypt but some of them are not lighted well. My of the displays were dark?

3 Thank justfung
SE MI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“King Tut display will blow you away”
Reviewed October 23, 2006

Went to the Field Oct. 2006 to see the King Tut exhibit. Great stuff and display is excellent. Nice gift shop at the end with something for everybody.

The Field is worth a long look around and I wish we had had more time to see everything.

Sue is a must-visit.

3 Thank Barnkitty
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unconvinced, before hand. One hour limit?”
Reviewed October 17, 2006

We did not go to the Tut exhbition because we found out while placing an order for the tickets that we would be allowed in the exhibit for only one hour. Reviews here confirmed this - that some folks bought two tickets to go through twice. It was hard to imagine looking at 130 exhbits in 60 minutes. --Milwaukee and Minneapolis people

2 Thank HistorySerious

Been to The Field Museum? Share your experiences!