“Great improvement to a legendary Chicago blues club”

Buddy Guy's Legends
Ranked #8 of 573 Nightlife in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Buddy Guy's Legends include his own reputation, plus the amazing array of local and national blues performers drawn to this music hotspot.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hadn't been to Chicago for a few years and not sure when this club did the renovations, but I really liked the changes! The last few times I was there, it had an old, dark and "dive" feel. It is more open now with a big stage and more open seating area. One drawback is the prime path from the bathrooms and the kitchen requires one to walk right in front of the stage and what I'm sure on many nights is a busy dance floor. We were there last Thursday night and LOVED Carl Weathersby and his band! Great to see artists so passionate about their music! The set up allowed for interaction between the musicians and the very engaged audience. It was a treat to be able to dance to such great music. As if that wasn't enough, we REALLY lucked out with a surprise guest...Buddy Guy himself!! This will be one night for the memory book. I would recommend this establishment for anyone who wants to experience live blues entertainment when in Chicago.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"memorabilia"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is one of te really good places to hear excellent blues, experience a gret show and enjoy good Cajun-style food. People come early to eat which ensures a good seat when the music starts around 9:30. The portions are quite large and still good. We had excellent catfish, ribs and gumbo - all very well seasoned and prepared. The show of course is the main reason to come - and its worth every single penny. And the service a personal and effective too. What else can you ask for?

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Buddy Guy's Place was a great musical experience. Although I wanted to come here the whole time we were in Chicago, we ended up here as a last resort because one of my co-workers was dead set on going to another joint that turned out to be closed.

I'm glad it was. We were treated to about 2 1/2 hours of really good music. Folks were dancing, the beer was flowing, and we all had a good time. There's really not much else to say. If you're actually hungry for dinner they do have a restaurant that you can order food from. However, if you're just ready to have a good time and listen to some really talented musicians, well this is the place.

1  Thank Jackomoipa
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit to Buddy Guy's and the Jumbo Gumbo (Traditional Louisiana dish) is a must for lovers of spicy seafood dishes! Not a Blues expert as such but the music seemed pretty good and the whole place had an authentic enough feel to it.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been going to Buddy's since the '90's (and playing there as well). You got to make this place at least once in your life if you want to say you ever really met the blues. Buddy's often there himself, when he's not on tour. Most down to earth, friendliest human being you'd ever wanna meet. Great shows; great food; great music. Can't go wrong with this one.

Below, they ask 'What sort of visit was this?" Well, I'll tell you. I've been there as a couple; a family (teens); friends; business; and solo; and it's been kick butt every single time. I've never been disappointed at Buddy's.

They also ask when I visited. I visit every chance I get. Last chance I got was in May, when I gave Donald Kinsey a Gibson SG onstage for his birthday. Just spent 2 months in the Dominican Republic and got back the other day, so a trip to Buddy's is in my near future.