“It's a Must Visit for Any Music Lover”

Buddy Guy's Legends
Ranked #7 of 572 Nightlife in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Buddy Guy's Legends include his own reputation, plus the amazing array of local and national blues performers drawn to this music hotspot.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Buddy Guy's Place was a great musical experience. Although I wanted to come here the whole time we were in Chicago, we ended up here as a last resort because one of my co-workers was dead set on going to another joint that turned out to be closed.

I'm glad it was. We were treated to about 2 1/2 hours of really good music. Folks were dancing, the beer was flowing, and we all had a good time. There's really not much else to say. If you're actually hungry for dinner they do have a restaurant that you can order food from. However, if you're just ready to have a good time and listen to some really talented musicians, well this is the place.

1  Thank Jackomoipa

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit to Buddy Guy's and the Jumbo Gumbo (Traditional Louisiana dish) is a must for lovers of spicy seafood dishes! Not a Blues expert as such but the music seemed pretty good and the whole place had an authentic enough feel to it.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been going to Buddy's since the '90's (and playing there as well). You got to make this place at least once in your life if you want to say you ever really met the blues. Buddy's often there himself, when he's not on tour. Most down to earth, friendliest human being you'd ever wanna meet. Great shows; great food; great music. Can't go wrong with this one.

Below, they ask 'What sort of visit was this?" Well, I'll tell you. I've been there as a couple; a family (teens); friends; business; and solo; and it's been kick butt every single time. I've never been disappointed at Buddy's.

They also ask when I visited. I visit every chance I get. Last chance I got was in May, when I gave Donald Kinsey a Gibson SG onstage for his birthday. Just spent 2 months in the Dominican Republic and got back the other day, so a trip to Buddy's is in my near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was a female travelling solo and wanted to experience some "Blues". It was a great night out, they fill your table with other guests so you are forced to make friends. A great experience all up.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

A nice place to listen to good blues in Chicago.
If you are lucky you will be able to see to Buddy Guy himself, that sings and makes jokes during the show. You have very good view from all the tables! Enjoy it!