“Fabulous Day”

$149.00*
Chicago by Night Helicopter Tour
Ranked #27 of 662 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Shedd Aquarium brings you eye-to-eye with more than 32,000 aquatic animals - from whales to snails, tarantulas to turtles, angelfish to zebra sharks!
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was such a fantastic day, my two children aged 10 and 7 absolutely loved being able to touch the stingrays, star fish, sturgeon fish and watch the amazing Beluga Whales and Dolphin show. The jellyfish exhibit is also fabulous. If you don't have a CityPass then you need to get there early as the queues are very long.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Spent the later part of a rainy afternoon in the Shedd Aquarium - and found that 2.5 hours were just not enough !
I spent quite some time attempting to take photos of the many colourful fish - but many were too fast for me and my camera. The special Jellies exhibit was great - they were soo beautiful.
Though I did pay for the "full experience" (and a lot !), I did not watch the 4D film and did not venture out to touch the stingray or something ... just spent all time looking at the fish.
At the end I did not even manage to see all of them before they switched off the lights - so I may have to come back ...
On a nice sunny summer day - maybe stay outside. During the coming autumn and winter months , if you interested in fish and sealife - or wonderful colours, patterns and movement - then definitely visit the Aquarium !

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having not been to an aquarium since I was a teenager, I have little to compare it to, but we certainly enjoyed Shedd Aquarium. We got there early enough to miss the long ticket lines which were there when we came out. Surprising that there isn't a more efficient way of getting people inside. We loved it all but the aquatic show, the belugas, and the penguins were worth the trip. The beautiful skyline and water location is also worth some time and photos.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited and got a reduced $8 ticket to just the main part of the aquarium. This isn't posted and I only found out after asking. It looks like they parcel out entry to different parts of the aquarium at different prices. So, as far as the main aquarium goes, it was definitely worth the $8 and took about an hour to walk through. Absolutely nothing noteworthy outside of the anaconda, but a pleasant way to spend an hour nonetheless.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have had the opportunity to visit several aquariums around the US and this was among the best. A little pricey, in my opinion, but a very diverse collection of fish. Not many places to rest, but a nice location. A very nice walk from Michigan Avenue hotels.