“Best hotel stay ever!”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #58 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The whole stay was amazing! The hotel staff allowed us to check in early. We were upgraded to a corner room. It is worth the money for the corner room, all the windows were amazing. The room was small, but cozy! The breakfast in the morning was delicious and affordable. The hotel was in the perfect location, only three blocks from the golden mile. We stopped at a fabulous wine bar a block away from the hotel. It is within blocks of numerous restaurants and lounges. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Good Afternoon Kim J,
We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful time with us! We are always pleased to hear that a guest would be happy to return. We hope you do return soon and we look forwarding to having you stay with us again.
Liana

Write a ReviewReviews (4,039)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have stayed all over downtown Chicago but this was my first time at the Dana. It was terrific! Modern but classic decor. Very personal service from the valet, to the front desk, to the spa employees. Had great sushi during happy hour at the first floor restaurant and a drink at the very cool rooftop bar. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Kelly5748,

It sounds like you took advantage of many of the great things the dana has to offer, from our restaurant on the first floor to our roof top Vertigo Sky Lounge . We try to make it so you can get everything you need without having to go very far at all. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact us if you need anything in the meantime.

Liana Clark

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My experience at he Dana was a pure joy.
The doorman were so helpful,
I cut my hand on the entrance doors and they were fantastic. They jumped into action, antiseptic,bandages,they were great!
The desk staff were very helpful.
My room was beautiful, and the housekeepers were wonderful.
Great stay,coming back to Chicago this summer.
Will be staying at the Dana.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello oberkshire,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our staff works hard to make sure that your stay is the best it can be. We are more than pleased to hear that you will be returning to us this summer and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Liana Clark

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is our fourth visit to the dana and we have not been disappointed. The rooms are trendy, spacious and comfortable; the quality of the bedding is outstanding; the room service is affordable and offers good selection; the in-room wine bar offers a good assortment and is priced to sell - a pleasant surprise for any hotel, especially in downtown Chicago. The new hotel restaurant offers a quality selection of small plates great for sharing and the weekend Bloody Mary bar was a great surprise. On our previous visits we had not had an opportunity to visit Vertigo Sky Lounge and we were certain to give it a try. Vertigo offers stunning metropolitan views of Chicago. It's very cosmopolitan and the outdoor patio and fire pit is a great spot to enjoy the skyline. We look forward to visiting again soon.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hello A N Z,

Thank you for such an enthusiastic review! We appreciate your loyalty to the dana hotel and spa and are pleased to hear that our level of service and quality of our product is consistently being delivered as promised. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here for one night this past February with my companion. Same beautiful decor and staff. Food EXCELLENT through room service. Very quiet. Very private. Everyone is fun and friendly from valet to reception. My 2nd trip here and unfortuneately, I STILL haven't used the Vertigo Sky Lounge yet but that just gives me another reason to keep coming back!

Great location, sexy decor, privacy included, and fun.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpotlightOnTravel

Hi julezmc,

We are overjoyed to hear you had such a lovely time with us. The Vertigo Sky Lounge will have to be a “must see” on your next visit, we promise it will not disappoint!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Dana hotel has a long way to go. Due to a medical emergency, we were needed in Chicago. The Dana was recommended by friends. Two things stood out about our room: it smelled and something (it looked like a hairball) was apparently trapped between the sheet and the mattress pad. We checked in at midnight after being at the hospital, and immediately returned to the hospital. Consequently we didn't get back to our room until 2AM. We were just too exhausted to request and move to a new room. The decor was somewhat prisonlike. it may have been the concrete ceiling. The service was poor. The desk was staffed by only one person, and we waited a long time to check in. The valet service was completely inefficient. When the car arrived after probably 10 minutes, the valet attendant was instructed by the desk clerk to "do better next time."

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 24,813,579

Dear 24813579,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. We do appreciate you taking the time the write this review as we can only learn by knowing where we fall short. I have shared your review with our team so that the issues regarding our front desk and valet can be corrected immediately. I apologize that you found the rooms so displeasing; we are in the process of refreshing them. Next time you are in Chicago I would love for your to give the dana a second chance.

best regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My friend and I take an annual trip to Chicago. We stay at a different hotel each time to get a different experience. We have had great experience until The Dana. Let’s start with the front desk…they are fine unless you need something. Our room key quit working 3 different times. Instead of realizing what an inconvenience it was for was us, they seemed to be put out. Now to make the stay even more customer service (not) friendly. My boss wanted to give me a gift for Assistance Day so he surprised me with a gift toward my stay. He had the hotel called and given a credit card to put part of our stay on him. The hotel upon checkout said it would be credited back to his credit card because they charged the stay to my credit card. They continued to argue that it cannot be changed…we all know it can. The concierge was witnessing this and since he was the one that had arranged the gift he tried to help with the resolution but was unsuccessful and was shocked at how simple it could be. The assistant manager (very rude) went back up to speak with the GM of the hotel. After a total of 30 – 45 minutes he came back and said it had been resolved and they would credit the gift off of the total of the room. However the receipt still showed the original amount. We still do not have any proof as of yet that the credit was made. Never again…they need to relearn “Customer Service”. I was asking for nothing free from them but they made me feel as though I was. It was as simple as it sounds. Charge one card for the gift amount and the remainder on my credit card!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Denise S,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience here at the dana hotel and spa. You are correct that the issue with your billing should not have been as complicated as it was. I am also concerned since it sounds like the issue has yet to be correct and the proper amounted credited to each credit card. If you could email me if your bill still needs further attention I would be more than happy to help get this sorted out.

Best regards,