“Excellent Hotel!”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #61 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had a great stay here, and we will never stay in another hotel. Bellman was very friendly, checkin staff was great. We got a free upgrade to our room. Beautiful room, great view, great location, comfy bed, I noticed some people complain about not getting breakfast vouchers. You get those if you make a reservation directly through their website instead of through a 3rd party site. The spa is great also!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for dana hotel and spa

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We booked the Dana hotel and Spa through Expedia and let me tell you we had an excellent stay at this hotel. We walked in and the bell man was so helpful and polite. We then proceeded to check into our hotel and we were able to get into our room early. The Concierge by the name of Tim, took such good care of us. he made all of our reservations, made sure we had tickets to get into the Backroom and he also bought us a bottle of wine for my birthday. What a nice touch. All of the people working the front desk, bar, cleaning staff and restaurant were polite, and very nice. Also, we went to the spa and enjoyed our time, I would recommend this to any one. They just received an award for one of the top 50 spas in the country. The rooms are beautiful, the roof top bar Vertigo is so fun and I recommend any one go there. In summary, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and I would encourage anybody considering a stay to definitely do so. Thanks to all of the staff for such a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The rooms were lovely and staff was warm and welcoming! The suite has a shower to die for and the beds are so comfortable you just melt. Love the cool products they have for amenities. Had great food and drinks in the dining area. Vertigo lounge was stellar!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Loved my stay. Staff is cool and the location was great. Elevators to rooms take stairs first. Best eggs Benedict I've had in years.
They take are of Amelie's with kids so we appreciated s that. Very nice lounge on top floor. 4 am bar across the street that also serves food.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Matthew McCahill,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us ! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and you had time to visit Vertigo Sky Lounge. I will send your compliments to the Chef regarding his Eggs Benedict!
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had left Chicago last year after living there for 25 years so I am well aware of the hotels. I returned on business and could not have picked a better hotel for my visit. The customer service was excellent from all areas. The hotel is small enough to where I got to know the valet and bell staff. They always had my car ready with a smile and I did not have to wait. The hotel itself was beautiful and the rooms are very clean. It is the first time in a while where I did not feel I had to "wipe" the hotel room down with a disinfectant. I stayed in a Serene King and I do not understand the complaint about privacy and the windows. There are blinds if you need them and the beds are quite comfy as well. I met friends in Freestyle restaurant for dinner one night and it was excellent both food and service. I wish we had frequented this more when I lived there. There was a small problem with another guest but the hotel staff was quick to assist in the matter. It was a great stay and I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear CRS29,

Welcome back to Chicago! thank you so much for choosing the dana. We love hearing that you were able to get to know our team and they made your stay that much more enjoyable. I will share your kind comments with them. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Good location good value great service

Stayed here a few times

Comfy beds

Cool hotel
Great bar up top patio open all year round. Big fire pit

Not sure what else to say
To meet 200 word minimum

Trendy hotel
Wouldnt come here with kids

Couples or friends for sure

Bla bla bla bla bla

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for repeat business and your kind words. We are so happy to hear you like the hotel and Vertigo Sky Lounge!
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The stay was great again. I had a very comfortable bed. The only issue was mold in the shower. They need to work on that. There was also only one small trash can in the bathroom. I found that strange. I could not put my dinner container in the trash because the trash can was so tiny. I had a corner king and the view was awesome. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear followmylead,
We are so glad you enjoyed another stay with us at the dana. We are grateful that you take the time to review us each time. We are in the process of refreshing our rooms to make sure they stay up to date and fresh as well as functional. We hope you see you back at the dana soon to check out our new look.