“Incredible”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #58 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The rooms were lovely and staff was warm and welcoming! The suite has a shower to die for and the beds are so comfortable you just melt. Love the cool products they have for amenities. Had great food and drinks in the dining area. Vertigo lounge was stellar!

• Stayed: January 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (4,039)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Loved my stay. Staff is cool and the location was great. Elevators to rooms take stairs first. Best eggs Benedict I've had in years.
They take are of Amelie's with kids so we appreciated s that. Very nice lounge on top floor. 4 am bar across the street that also serves food.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Matthew McCahill,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us ! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and you had time to visit Vertigo Sky Lounge. I will send your compliments to the Chef regarding his Eggs Benedict!
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had left Chicago last year after living there for 25 years so I am well aware of the hotels. I returned on business and could not have picked a better hotel for my visit. The customer service was excellent from all areas. The hotel is small enough to where I got to know the valet and bell staff. They always had my car ready with a smile and I did not have to wait. The hotel itself was beautiful and the rooms are very clean. It is the first time in a while where I did not feel I had to "wipe" the hotel room down with a disinfectant. I stayed in a Serene King and I do not understand the complaint about privacy and the windows. There are blinds if you need them and the beds are quite comfy as well. I met friends in Freestyle restaurant for dinner one night and it was excellent both food and service. I wish we had frequented this more when I lived there. There was a small problem with another guest but the hotel staff was quick to assist in the matter. It was a great stay and I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear CRS29,

Welcome back to Chicago! thank you so much for choosing the dana. We love hearing that you were able to get to know our team and they made your stay that much more enjoyable. I will share your kind comments with them. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Good location good value great service

Stayed here a few times

Comfy beds

Cool hotel
Great bar up top patio open all year round. Big fire pit

Not sure what else to say
To meet 200 word minimum

Trendy hotel
Wouldnt come here with kids

Couples or friends for sure

Bla bla bla bla bla

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for repeat business and your kind words. We are so happy to hear you like the hotel and Vertigo Sky Lounge!
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The stay was great again. I had a very comfortable bed. The only issue was mold in the shower. They need to work on that. There was also only one small trash can in the bathroom. I found that strange. I could not put my dinner container in the trash because the trash can was so tiny. I had a corner king and the view was awesome. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear followmylead,
We are so glad you enjoyed another stay with us at the dana. We are grateful that you take the time to review us each time. We are in the process of refreshing our rooms to make sure they stay up to date and fresh as well as functional. We hope you see you back at the dana soon to check out our new look.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I can't say that my stay was terrible but I won't be staying here again. You have to take an elevator to get to the lobby and a complete different one to the guest rooms. I was told at the desk that they needed my initials to confirm my knowledge of being a non-smoking hotel, only to get to my floor and smell marijuana and cigarette smoke! Opened the door to a very tiny room, the barely there bathroom didn't have a tub, just a shower that looked out into the room. The shower was dirty with hair strands and the walls had dents and scratches... Not to mention the ceiling that looks as though they ran out of time and money and couldn't put up dry wall or something. The walls were so thin!! I heard the employees all morning having a whole conversation with each other while knocking on doors, as well as their loud radios. Again, I can't say the service was bad but I will not stay at the Dana Hotel & Spa again... Oh, they have a balcony. Small, but it's a balcony

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Tree0331,
We are so sorry to hear to didn’t enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. The hotel does have a strict no smoking policy. There are times when the fee is not enough of a deterrent. In those cases we do our best to handle as quickly as possible. I am sorry that did not happen when you stayed with us. We are in the process of a refresh on the hotel with new paint and wallpaper as well as fixtures in the rooms. We are working with a sound engineer for some noise dampening solutions. Our ceiling are concrete as a design element to give the guestrooms and suites a loft feel. If you are able to look past that, we love the opportunity to prove to you that we are better than the experience you had. If you would be willing to try us again we would love to handle your reservation personally. Our Reservations Manager would be happy to assist you with your booking and her email address is marcuri@danahotelandspa.com.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Check in was easy, but the concierge wasn't very friendly. Beds were comfortable and the open shower with rainfall head was relaxing. Great view but really, no free breakfast? Not even vouchers like I see some other guests have received. I would probably try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hi Ashley5501,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa. I am sorry our concierge was not very friendly. I would like to encourage you to share your experience with myself or our rooms division manager Yolanda Carmin. You can reach either of us at 312-202-6000. We do offer $10.00 food and beverage credit when booking directly with us, this can be used for breakfast, lunch dinner or even just drinks in the bar. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. Your feedback allows us to build upon our strength or work on a weakness. We hope you will consider the dana hotel and spa for any future stays in Chicago.
Liana Clark