“great place to stay - Business or Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #51 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
“great place to stay - Business or Pleasure”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Dana Hotel is the place to stay in Chicago. Everything from the friendly staff to the great room designs is perfect. It is very centrally located for shopping, dining and access to the business district. I will be bringing my wife back soon for a weekend get away. I highly reccomend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hi David Y,
Thank you for the nice review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! We are in a great location in Chicago, and I am glad it was convenient for you. See you again soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Polish first
San Antonio
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel has great rooms with floor to ceiling windows, ipod docks, and Keurig coffee maker in the rooms. Location is great in the heart of the city, and 3 blocks to Michigan Ave. The decor and vibe is young and modern with raw cement beams and ceiling, and a clear glass bathroom wall (with a curtain). Staff was very friendly. Watch out taking rooms too close to the roof-top night club, it could be loud. This is our 2nd stay here and will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi PickwickSanAntonio,
Wow! So great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Repeat guests are very important to us and we appreciate you reviewing us as well! So happy you like our amenities and style. See you again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at this hotel, finding a "deal" package online, which I felt represented a pretty good bargain, in the end.
The building is tall and slender, only about 10 rooms per floor. The hotel has a contemporary, "sexy" vibe to it; my room was attractive, with interesting design touches; a mix of hardwood and carpeted floor areas, exposed concrete ceiling, a large flat-screen tv, a great iPod/iPhone docking speaker set (B&W's Zeppelin model; sadly, not a compatible dock with the iPhone5) a sliding door that served as both closet door (when closed over the closet area) and bathroom door (when closed over bathroom entry.) The bathroom was clean and bright, with a large shower tall and very strong water pressure. The stall was fully glass, including one entire glass wall facing directly onto the bed. (A curtain, on the bedroom side, would afford some privacy - since you can also see from the bed, through the shower, to the toilet.) Rather than a window, my room (and I suspect many rooms) had a glass door onto a small balcony, which was nice. (I faced west, so the views didn't include Chicago's downtown skyline.) A roll-down black-out shade was a useful addition to the room. While I didn't use it, the fridge & room bar was well stocked with snacks & 5 full-bottle wines, sodas, etc
Convenient River North location - an easy walk to the Mag. Mile, and to the river, etc. Some very good restaurants / bars within a 2 block walk. Very friendly staff, from doorman to reception and housekeeping. Umbrellas available at the front desk for guest use; very handy. Very reasonable valet parking rates (especially compared to my friend's hotel, just 3 blocks away, at more than twice the price.) My only "complaint" was the slow-to-arrive elevators.
I didn't get to try the spa, nor the restaurant, nor the rooftop bar (which I've heard has great views.)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear cbudny,
As a top TripAdvisor contributor, we really appreciate your feedback! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and the location. You will have to try freestyle, Vertigo and our spa the next time you return. Thank you again!
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just came back from Las Vegas in a business trip and stopped in Chicago, based in my previous experience at Dana hotel I thought I will be back and I couldn't be happier of taking a right decission. The service at Dana Hotel without a doubt goes far and beyond your expectations. There is always some detail taken care of in your room everytime you come back to it. The staff is very helpful and corteus and they are always with a big smile. I stayed in a Confy King room and the views of the city that I had were spectacular.
Thank you Dana Hotel for your hospitality you make me feel like a family member everytime I go to Chicago, I will certainly reccommend you to all my friends that visit the windy city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Galapagos-Guru
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Galapagos-Guru,
Okay, you win for the best Review Title! Thank you for the great review. And I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to see you again soon :)
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Loved this hotel and would totally recommend it. Great location, Outstanding roof-top lounge "Vertigo" and inside / outside dining. Offers great rates and is walking distance to so many places to go and things to get into. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear bmuzar,
Thank you for the great review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and Vertigo Lounge. Our rooftop lounge is very popular with our guests, so happy you had a nice time. See you again when you return to Chicago :)
Lombardia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you prefer to stay in the city center, just two blocks from Michigan Avenue (the main street for shopping), very close to the best known restaurants and night clubs, fashionable and trendy, this hotel is perfect to you.The hotel is modern and ultra hip, the staff is extremely kind and youthfwl. The rooms have large windows living wonderful wiews of the Chicago’s skyline. Even if our room was “standard”, we also had a large balcony, and the room had all the mod cons. The only problem was that the room had a wardrobe that was effectively non-existent with no shelves available to put your personal objects since they were full of the mod cons supplied by the hotel (TV, coffee machine, hi-fi, snack bar, alarm clock, water jugs). On the top floor, there’s the Vertigo lounge, one of the trendiest bars in the city. If you don’t mind people wandering around the corridors making a bit too much noise, then I would advice staying in this hotel a few days to anyone looking for a young and sparkling ambient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear GraceMes,
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy you enjoyed our location and amenities. Guests are constantly raving about our views from all of our rooms, and I am glad you agree. We look forward to your return :)
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Dana to celebrate our anniversary--a little late. 5-star experience for sure. The location is great for all sorts of activities. But the room is even better! Very modern and clean decor. Pristine bath and bed. Awesome rain head shower with floor to ceiling window. The balcony was a great surprise. The rest of the hotel was beautiful and unique. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. At first we thought it might be a bit noisy, but that proved not to be the case. Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Penny1453,
So happy to hear your enjoyed your special anniversary stay with us. Congratulations on 25 years! Thank you for the great review and we look forward to your return stay :)