dana hotel and spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$189
$447
$187
$167
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$194
$141
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
4,257 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsvertigo loungerooftop bartranquil suitecomfy kinggreat locationcorner kingsmall balconyrain showertop floorstate streetboutique hotelwhole foodsroom servicemini bargreat roomriver north
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Dana Hotel and Spa for business training. I was there for two long weeks. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The bell guy even stood in the rain to get me a taxi! I had never been to Chicago, so I think the style of the room was a Chicago thing. It was wall to ceiling concrete (Exposed on the ceiling). Other then that the it was very comfortable, nice beds, awesome large shower and clean. During my first week I was on a lower floor and it was loud, my second week I was higher up and it was much better. It was also centrally located for shopping and good restaurants. I would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Check in early and ask to be upgraded...if they have room, they will upgrade at no charge
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very nice design hotel in central place of Chicago. Bars, Restaurants, Shopping can be done without car. The hotel is nice and the rooms very stylish (design hotel), fantastic view over Chicago from the small balcony. The only negative point is a relative loud air condition and you could hear a lot of noise all night coming from the town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It's rare that I find a hotel so perfectly designed for comfort, style, class and fun - especially in downtown Chicago!

The Dana is a wonder. The rooms were beautifully designed in a simple, contemporary style. I was blown away by the floor-to-ceiling windows along the exterior wall. What a view of the skyline! The rainfall showers were amazing and I've never slept in a more comfortable bed! (In fact, the bed was so nice, I bought one for my house.)

The restaurant was classy and delicious. I thought it was an interesting twist to find an Asian restaurant in the hotel lobby. I highly recommend it.

Finally, the top-floor night club was a great place to dance, have a few drinks and even sit around an outdoor campfire with friends. It was a wonderful weekend and I won't forget it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked this hotel through a third party travel site as their deal of the day for 50% off, and I couldn't have picked a better hotel! At check in, I was recognized as a VIP member of that travel site and upgraded to a corner king room. They also gave me a $25 gift card to use anywhere in the hotel or spa. My room on the 15th floor overlooked the State St side of the hotel and it was a gorgeous room. I loved the hardwood floors in part of the room, the sleek decor and thought the room design was pretty innovative. The bed was very comfy and had great soft linens...a HUGE plus! The rainfall shower was great and had plenty of water pressure. I didn't experience any problems with water coming out of the shower like others have mentioned. The bathroom mirror had illumination along the outer edge which was nice, and I also appreciated that it was an anti-fog mirror. The floor to ceiling windows are incredible. I really enjoyed lounging in bed at night, just looking out at the city. It's true that you will hear some street noise here (mostly fire engines), but it wasn't uncomfortably loud.

The room had a small fridge with a minibar. It's nice that the items aren't sensored and can be removed, so I was able to purchase water from the 7-Eleven across the street to keep cool in my room. I was able to connect to the hotel WiFi easily on my iPad and phone, and truly appreciated that it was complimentary.

Location is great. I was able to walk all around the city from here, and never felt uneasy anywhere near the hotel. As a solo female traveler, I was a little nervous being in Chicago on my own! You can easily walk to several restaurants in the area: Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, Rock N' Roll McDonalds, Ed Debevics, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Chili's, etc. There's plenty of retail shopping north of the hotel and over on Michigan Ave.

I used my $25 gift card for an eyebrow wax in the spa. The facilities are very nice and the staff was terrific. Deanna did some amazing work on my eyebrows! It was great to be able to schedule an appointment online!

The lobby staff was very friendly also. The evening clerks (both gentleman, I didn't get their names) on Sunday and Monday nights were great to provide me with recommendations and directions. A female clerk (brown curly hair) on Monday morning helped me plan out my route for the day.

All in all, this was a fantastic stay! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great staff, beautiful views from the floor to ceiling windows, and perfectly located within walking distance of all downtown sites. The spa was very relaxing, and enjoying some time in the sky deck club was a nice way to finish any night.

• Stayed: July 2013