dana hotel and spa
$650
$433
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$582
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$484
Hilton.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$749
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
$775
TripAdvisor
4,313 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsvertigo loungerooftop bartranquil suitecomfy kinggreat locationcorner kingsmall balconyrain showertop floorstate streetboutique hotelwhole foodsroom servicemini bargreat roomriver north
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife booked his hotel as a 40th Birthday gift and it was spectacular! The roof top bar had a nightlife atmosphere with incredible blue flamed fire pits and a breathtaking view of the city. Of course, the outdoor TVs were showing the Blackhawks game so any guy could enjoy the best of both worlds! The room was contemporary and extremely comfortable. The icing on the cake was the balcony you could step out onto with a glass of wine from the room stock to relax and see the city from your room. The great location, just steps from Quartino and other great restaurants makes this the best choice imaginable for a "date night" in the City. Clean rooms. Unique rain effect shower. Extremely friendly staff. Unique décor. I cannot say enough about this one of a kind Chicago hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DreamOn2012
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Modern decor, sleek king corner room with magnificent views, comfortable bed and linens, informed and helpful staff, awesome Vertigo sky lounge, perfect location - walk to Mag Mile, Gold Coast and Loop areas with ease. Would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Perfect views from king corner rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
danahotelandspa, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi CFSilver,
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband stays at this hotel for business, and I am lucky enough to get to stay with him when I can. I really enjoy the modern style and extremely comfortable beds! The location is also great because it's close to all the amazing shopping while also being near nightlife. I have stayed at a few hotels on Michigan Ave thinking they would be a good spot, only to figure out quickly that everything over there closes rather early. The Dana is a short walk from great restaurants such as Roy's, not to mention all the wonderful places on Rush Street. It is also close to public transportation (red line at Chicago and State). I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to experience all the great things Chicago has to offer!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall it's decent stay. I was here on a annual work meeting. There's no pool..why? The reception area was nice but yet it was a desk and not a real counter, the elevators are almost directly behind which means you can see the back of the receptionist and their computer screens. The elevators take forever! The staff must not have their own employee one because when you're going down from your rooms and a employee is in there they stop of the "employees floor". The sky lounge, I thought it was a bit rude for them to not let me in even though I was staying at the hotel. But I then did understand since I'm only 19. Though there was my coworkers who got denied because of their clothing. If the hotel is going to advertise the sky lounge then at least 21+ regardless of clothing choice should be able to go up there. The ceiling if not noticeable if you don't look but they are ugly, exposed concrete (maybe be because of the lounge).

All in all, would I spend my own money to stay here? No. It wasn't a very good place to be for a business trip. Due to the fact that the people are loud! Wouldn't be a bad place if you're planning to be there to go out and party your bum off though.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hi Sai4,
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I have made a note of your comments and we will update the website regarding entry into Vertigo Sky Lounge being 21 and over. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If your travels ever bring you back to Chicago I hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

First of all...Jesse is just a total doll! I arrived last weekend to a lot of chaos in the lobby with people checking in and out. The guest service coordinator Jesse however accommodated me an my friend immediately and got us to our room. I booked this hotel thru a deal on jetsetter and I am a total hotel snob. In Chicago I frequent the ritz, drake, w, and have never tried the Dana. The room was absolutely 5 star! Beautiful in every way and soooo clean. The shower was amazing and the beds soooo comfy! The customer service in this hotel are so beyond 5 star I was treated like total royalty! Anything you need they help you get. This is by far the best hotel in all of Chicago and the price was so reasonable. I honestly cannot Waite to return.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi Brandonmpls,
Thank you so much for your review I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!
I have shared your comments with Jesse and the team. We can't wait to have you back.