dana hotel and spa
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$499
$292
$252
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$319
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$375
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
Hotels.com
4,332 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsvertigo loungerooftop bartranquil suitecomfy kinggreat locationsmall balconycorner kingrain showertop floorstate streetboutique hotelwhole foodsroom servicemini bargreat roomriver north
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I arrived with low expectations as I never heard of this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised by the great location and style of the hotel and room.
But at the end of the day it comes down to sleep quality. Unfortunately my room was facing the street and the windows are simply too thin. I woke up multiple times every night from the sirens of passing emergency vehicles. I heard the same complaint from other hotel guests.
The mentioned windows have another flaw: They look great as they are floor to ceiling, but since they are see through you will probably keep the curtains closed as there is an office building on the other side of the street.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank klaus b
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear D4RTS,
Our apologies for the poor experience you described above. Please know that we do have rooms that are higher up that give guests a much quieter experience. If you do decide to try us again, please speak to in house reservations to request a higher level quiet room. I hope you do return since you did enjoy our location and unique style.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stay with the Dana every year for the Chicago Housewares Show at McCormick, and I have to say that the staff and accommodations have made it feel like home. Each year they deliver a consistent experience that makes a long stay comfortable, enjoyable, and fun. Dana Hotel & Spa breaks the mold when it comes to boutique hotels by providing great atmosphere, swanky vibe, delicious food, and friendly staff all in one place. Downtown is easily accessible by foot but you could keep yourself amused for days without leaving the property as well. I would highly recommend the Dana!

Room Tip: If your room number ends in "01" your stay will be extra special!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MattHinFL

Dear MattHinFL,
Thank you for choosing our hotel when you visit for the Housewares Convention. We are so happy to hear about your consistently great experience each time you stay. Love the room tip as well, the 01 rooms, our Tranquil Suites, are very popular with our frequent guests :)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I go to Chicago every year, sometimes more than once. So, we are no strangers to the downtown chicago hotel scene. I have wanted to stay at this hotel for a while because of everything I saw online about it. I figure awesome, floor to ceiling windows, how cool would that be. We got to the hotel pretty early in the morning, before 9 I think. Their check in system is done through a computer. I was having problems and the person that was sitting at the desk didnt even bother to ask if I needed help, nor did he even acknowledge us. He did take care of us though. He even changed our room no problem when I asked if we were able to.However, I do agree that their customer service needs some attention. I work in a customer service industry, and acknowledgement is key. Smiling and saying hi when a customer walks by you might actually make a difference. At least looking at the person is respectful.
It is a very hip and modern hotel. The room was small, but it is not something that i cared that much about. We werent in our room that much. The shower is kind of weird because it leaks all over the place, and I do agree that the curtain on the other side of glass is just plain weird.
Overall, it is not a bad hotel, but nothing stood out enough to make me say hands down i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank True01

Dear True01,
First, please let me apologize for your poor experience with us. The service you described above is not acceptable and not a typical experience for our guests. We have shared your comments with our management and staff to avoid another guest having a similar experience. I do hope you try us again so we can show you how we stand out among other hotels in Chicago.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Modern rooms (some small) with good restaurant. Good location and easy parking nearby. Fun getaway in the city. We had a larger room with great views. Walk to many sites and shopping. Newer, fun hotel with a rooftop lounge open year round. Good for business travellers, couples, singles maybe not for families. They have a spa but I did not use it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear HZ,
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the location and our Argent Restaurant and Raw Bar. You will have to return to try our spa at dana :)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of feb. got a good rate £50 per night plus tax for Comfort room.
As most people have said, very comfortable bed, and an amazing shower, with nice products in the bathroom, much better than the average.
Breakfast was very good if a bit more expensive than what we would normally pay, but worth it for a treat.
Vertigo bar on the roof worth a visit for the experience of having drinks on the rood, and the fire pit, but be aware drinks not cheap.
Hotel easy to get too from O,Hare airport. Train to terminal 3 then buy ticket at station $5 blue line to Jackson, Red line to union. 5 min walk up north State. Hotel has purple trees outside.
Staff very friendly and helpful especially all the doormen.
Plenty of nice places to eat near by, just ask the door men

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary M, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Lynette3696,
it sounds like you had a fantastic stay. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your room, amenities and Vertigo Sky Lounge. It would be great to see you return and try our spa as well :)