“Definitely staying again!”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #62 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week while in vacation, everyone was extremely nice and very helpful and knowledgeable about the city, things to do and how to get around. The rooms were clean and very nice. I will be staying here anytime I visit Chicago!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hi ista0055, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Our location is great if you are spending a week in Chicago since there is so much to do and see in the River North area. I hope you can visit again soon when the weather is a bit warmer :)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just checked out of this hotel and got our car from the hotelvalet service only to find it had been riffled through and THINGS WERE STOLEN OUT OF CAR! It was obvious when we opened the car door that something wasn't right...papers, CDs, and keys were on the backseat and front passenger seat. When we immediately said something to the doorman and valet driver, the doorman just said, "he said there was nothing in it" or something flip to that effect, and they both walked away to move on to other guests. Unbelievable! There was no sign of forced entry/damage, so this was clearly the Dana Hotel's negligence and responsibilty. As we started to go through the car to see what was missing, I called up to the front desk and was told to ask the doorman to call security, which we did. We went back in and up to the lobby and approached the desk where the apparent manager and security guard were conferring. I wish I could say we were at least pleased with the way this situation was handled, but unfortunately that is not the case. They took the information and wanted an inventory of items missing. We had told them initially that there were iPhone cords/chargers and change missing, and the security guard said, "So besides some cords and quarters, what else is missing?" which I thought was callous and rude. After returning to the vehicle to verify there was no apparent damage/evidence of forced entry, they took the rest of the inventory of missing items (GPS, iPod, etc) we were sent on our way and told they would investigate it. A short time later, we received a phone call from the hotel security guard suggesting we file a police report. What an unsatisfactory experience! With all the choices in the city, pass up this mediocre hotel with obvious security breaches, and stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Pamda317
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Pamda317, Our guest security is very important to us, and we are very sorry that wasn't your experience during your stay. I know you have been discussing this issue with management already and someone will be in contact with you to discuss further as communicated to you over the weekend.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is the most fabulous hotel in the gorgeous city of Chicago!!!!! Our stay was for "surgical" reasons this time. My husband had surgery at the surgical center across the street. (any reason to stay here is a good one!) I just cannot believe the consistency of quality service that we continually get from this hotel!!! It is such a pleasure to stay at a hotel that we are so welcomed at, cared for, and appreciated. I really cannot tell you ANY other businesses, whatever the product or service being sold, that has ANYWHERE NEAR the exemplary customer service that this hotel has. Every aspect of the Dana is over-the-top wonderful! And, I can see why every time that I visit.... THE STAFF!!! I really cannot say enough about how special these people are! They are truly like family! They, and I mean ALL OF THEM, go way out of their way to make our stay in Chicago the best that it can be, whatever the situation. >>>just a little run-down of these fabulous, angelic people .... Yolanda, Terri, Blair, Tim, Romeo, TJ, Chris, Lindsay, Gabby, Jeff, Sherman, Luke (new doorman), and Richard... although he is an employee of Argent Restaurant, he is ALWAYS our fave server when we are there! All of the housekeeping staff and maintenance staff are also the best!!<<<

This is why we visit every month to every two months...
This is why we will stay NOWHERE ELSE in Chicago...
And... this is why you really should stay at the DANA HOTEL AND SPA!!!

ps. thanks so much to our special friends.... see you soon!!

Room Tip: any room with a balcony is a fabulous room!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi gerrsbabe, I am so happy to hear you had such a fantastic stay yet again! It sounds like you have a great relationship with our staff and I am pleased they make your stay enjoyable, even if the circumstances are having surgery. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we will see you again in a month or two :)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the dana on February 3rd and 4th. It was amazing! We stayed in a Corner King Deluxe room and the view was amazing! I requested to be as high up as they could get me and we ended up on the 21st floor. The room is very modern and had some really great features. (Sound system was awesome, chair in corner of room fit 2 and was comfy, Keurig was nice) The bed was amazing and we sank right into fluffy, pillow-top type mattress. I didn't want to get out! The shower was the most incredible shower I've ever been in! It was a rainfall style shower with a removable wand that you could turn on which made shaving my legs super easy! The shower is huge and even has a seat in there that you can move to where you want. The towels wrap all the way around you and the robes provided are comfy as well! I even loved the oatmeal soap provided in the shower! The valets are great and the gentleman at the door couldn't be more helpful & friendly! I went up to Vertigo and it was super packed, but it was SuperBowl Sunday...so that's probably why. I enjoyed my stay but I wasn't prepared to pay as much for parking as we had to....so definitely prepare better than I did!

1  Thank ABIGAIL M
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear ABIGAIL M, We really appreciate your attention to detail in your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of the hotel. We cannot wait for you to return to have an even better time!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The location is fantastic. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The room were very nicely decorated, relaxing vibe and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our friends had a corner king which was awesome, but i think our standard king on a higher floor was...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear sandi m, we really appreciate your great review. Our re-purposed materials in the guestrooms really give it a comfortable chic feel, and we are so happy you appreciated it! Please visit again soon :)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've visited Chicago 6 times now for both business and pleasure. I've spend 5 of those 6 stays at the Dana for multiple reasons: location, service, quality of rooms, and added amenities.

Location: It's only a couple blocks west of Michigan Ave. in the heart of downtown Chicago. The majority of the main tourist areas are within reach, but the hotel is far enough away to give you an authentic Chicago feel.

Service: Everyone at the Dana greets you with a smile. Whether you are checking in, going for food in the restaurant, or visiting the Vertigo Lounge, the staff at the Dana not only treats you with respect, but they go the extra mile to be kind about it. For example: I sometimes fly in early and when I come to the Dana to check in, they do their best to get me in my room before check in time. Sometimes I came in as early as 8am, and they still honored to get me in early, and then gave me free breakfast passes!

Quality of Rooms: They have amazing beds, if you get the double bed room, they both are queens - not just fulls. The rooms are quite spacious, and if you get the "corner king" the view of downtown pays for itself. The rooms are decorated nice, and are very trendy, and my personal favorite is the B&W Zeppelin iPod dock... amazing sound. The showers and bathrooms are extremely spacious and are extremely relaxing.

Added Amenities: There is a full spa, gym, restaurant, and nightclub all located within the hotel. The Nightclub / Lounge is located at the top and it is really well done. It's a cool spot to grab a drink and relax, the view is amazing, and later towards the night people get out on the dancefloor and let loose. Overall great time. The restaurant serves breakfast lunch and dinner (which is all connected to room service as well). They server a variety of food, but the breakfast and sushi are my favorites. The spa and gym are amazing as well. I personally am not too much into the spa, but for those who are (like most of my friends that have stayed with me) say that it is nothing less than spectacular. The gym however is great, I know this first hand. It has a great view, and they provide the equipment that anyone needs for a small workout session.

Overall the Dana is my favorite hotel by far. There are a lot of options to choose from in Chicago, but this is definitely the hotel that you get the most out of for the best price available. If you choose, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Corner Kings are perfect for couples or single person stay!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Daniel D, WOW, thank you for such a fantastic summary of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. I hope we continue to exceed your expectations every time you stay.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Dana from Feb 4th to Feb 6th.I had surgery right across the street from the Hotel on the 5th And even though we have stayed at this Hotel before as soon as the door man TJ SAW THAT MY ARM WAS IN A SLING,he went out of his way to get me inside and upstairs to check in,Thanks TJ as always..Miss YOLANDA of course went out of her way to make sure that I was as comfortable as possible,And knowing that we were going to be in our BEAUTIFUL room all night she sent up bandages,gauss,and ointment.She even sent up a updated room service menu for us..there crab cakes are to dye for!!THANKS TO BLARE ROMEO,TIM,TJ,CRISS,SEZARE,YOLANDA,And so many other staff members at this lovely Hotel for making me feel so good after my surgery..You all are truly our friends for ever..

Jon And Lisa ODonnell

Room Tip: The Tranquil Suite is our favorite,Always,Thanks YOLANDA.I love your BOOTS ,lol..
1  Thank John O
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear beachbumIllinois, WOW, I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, even though you were getting surgery. Thank you for taking the time to write in some shout outs to our tremendous staff. I am not surprised they were able to cheer you up, they are a lot of fun :) See you again soon!