“Dana is a great hotel!”

Ranked #52 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Kokomo, Indiana
“Dana is a great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Staff was very helpful. We stayed in the corner deluxe room and the views were amazing! The room was clean and modern. We were very impressed with the rain shower that had great water pressure. Very relaxing stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clint C
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi Clint C, thank you for your kind words about our hotel and amenities. Our Spa inspired Italian Rainfall showers are a favorite among our guests, and I am so happy you enjoyed them as well. Please visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Polish first
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Dana hotel with some co-workers for a business conference. We booked a Tranquil Suite, and it was the perfect amount of space for our two day trip. From the double sinks, king bed, fridge, and additional pull out-double, we were comfy, impressed with the views, and the fun atmosphere. From the time we checked in, staff were friendly, helpful, and funny. Romeo gave an excellent dinner suggestion just down the street and helped us to navigate our way there and back by phone. . . He was so understanding of a non-Chicagoan in the city, and we greatly appreciated his help! Parking was convenient, our car well cared for, and taxi hailing was no sweat for your great doorman! Thanks to the whole staff for making our trip stress-free and fun!

Room Tip: Fun to watch the city pass from the double balconies in the Tranquil Suite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Brianne P, I am so happy you had such a great time! And I couldn't agree more, Romeo is a gem and we are happy to have him on staff. Thank you for braving the Chicago winter to visit us and we hope to you again soon :)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was GREAT!, just stayed last week for 3 nights and could not have asked for a better hotel. It has a great location and the staff was wonderful. Everyone that I came in contact with was so nice and helpful. The room was over the top, I had a Corner-King room and it did not disappoint. The views are amazing and it was great to have that many windows (do note that the windows are not mirrored on the outside, so if you do not have the blinds down, just know that others can see in). Went to the club, Vertigos one night and had such an awesome time, great crowd and awesome music. Our heater went out, and when I called in in, someone was there right away and it ended up having to replace the whole unit, which they did quickly and with no mess. I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it, if you come for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: If you like the views splurge on the Corner king room, it is worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Heather S, thank you so much for sharing such wonderful compliments about the hotel and staff. The Corner King is one of my favorite room types here and I love the view as well! We can't wait for you to visit again :)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

attention to detail is what i use to describe this hotel...i had the scottish smoked salmon...awesome..near restaruants and downtown.drinks like anywhere downtown were a little pricey but still good. the showers..well just like a waterfall in the tropics

Room Tip: corner kings have a great view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Raymopashow, thank you for such a great review. We are happy you enjoyed our amenities and location. The River North area is a great location in downtown Chicago, we are lucky to be a part of it!!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed here twice, and both times were fabulous. The spa is wonderful. I usually go down 45 minutes early and chill in one of the larger steam showers. I have had a detox, aromatherapy massage, and japanese treatment and all three were legitimately amazing. Relaxing, professional, comfortable, affordable. Love love love this spa, perfect spot for "me" time.

The rates were extremely reasonable. Both times, I booked non-refundable and I can't believe the overall amazing quality for such reasonable prices. I love that this is not an overpriced hotel, it makes it more welcoming and it gives me more opportunity to plan future trips.

The hotel is awesome as well. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, and the rooms are HUGE. Great selection for mini bar snacks, love having the great ipod dock, and the beds... THE BEDS!!! I actually called to find out what kind of mattresses they have. Perfect bed for a relaxing "self" weekend. Between the spa, the bed, and the music, great way to get myself back in tune after a really long month at work.

The location is great. Right in the heart of everything, only a few blocks from Hubbard, and a taxi ride away from other parts of the city. Lots of shopping, great restaurants and bars all within walking distance, even in the dead of winter. Amazing views from the floor to ceiling windows.

Finally, I love the showers. Rainfall ceiling showers and SEATS!! I could sit in it all day and just enjoy relaxing.

My only complaint would be the tv/cable box is a little slow, and the walls can be thin. I had one morning where my neighbors decided to play DJ at 9 in the morning. I contacted the concierge who within 3 minutes sent up security which handled the situation promptly and professionally. Never had a problem after that and was very grateful the desk too my call seriously and responded quickly.

Overall, this hotel is phenomenal. I travel often and I stay in very nice hotels and the Dana has become one of my tops. I will certainly be back at least once more this year, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great stay in Chicago. And if you have time, definitely stop in the spa! Well worth the money if you are looking to enjoy a little down time!!!

Room Tip: Even if you can't get a comfy king if it's sold out, having two queen beds is just as good...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank StefWilliams25
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear StefWilliams25, thank you for such a great review of our hotel and spa. Your spa services sounds amazing and I am glad you had such a relaxing experience while you were here. Thank you for being a frequent guest and we will see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our stay was wonderful, service was just excellent all around. The staff is so friendly, funny, just the best you can expect. Our heater in our room was broken and someone came up to fix it in just minutes after I called, I was so grateful considering how cold it was outside. It is more of a romantic room, with the glass window between the shower and bedroom, but the curtain allows for privacy. Very contemporary. The location offers many options for dining and shopping -- the Bijan Bistro across the street offers a delicious breakfast. A wonderful experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hi stephanie a, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our location. The River north area in Chicago is just a great place to visit! Thank you for being so understanding about the heat issues, January is definitely not the time to have an issue!! Thank you again :)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

You can't go wrong at the Dana. Service, comfort and location. The staff is excellent, the location is fabulous and the food did not disappoint. If you stay once you will return.
For the breakfast lover be sure to try the hand cut corned beef hash.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Weeksie624
Dear Weeksie624, Thanks for the great comments. I completely agree, the corned beef hash in the morning is a great dish, so happy you enjoyed it as well. See you again soon!