dana hotel and spa
$124
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$190
$89
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$134
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$124
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$113
$101
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$139
$123
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$107
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$228
$199
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

$189
$170
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

$132
$116
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

4,388 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsvertigo loungerooftop bartranquil suitecomfy kinggreat locationsmall balconycorner kingrain showertop floorstate streetboutique hotelwhole foodsroom servicemini bargreat roomriver north
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights for a wedding and weren't impressed on several accounts. For starters the elevators were malfunctioning to the point an employee had to be called to come up to your floor to get you, this was the case the entire 2 days we stayed. Our corner room was comfortable enough albeit a little cramped. The room was worn around the edges with chipped wood and paint in various spots, glitter on the desk chair (guessing some partying went on with a previous guest and some company). The bathroom was also a bit small. Being Chicago, there are far more hotel options and in my opinion far better options. I probably wouldn't stay here again. My preferred hotel is the Park Hyatt on the higher end and the Omni for a more affordable option.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear drew3114, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback and we are disappointed that you did not have a better experience with us. Please be assured that our elevator situation is completely repaired, and we apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Great stay here for 6 nights in November! Service was great everywhere and all staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the lovely and cozy rooms very much; there were nice toiletries as well which were replenished daily. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Only thing is that the floor to ceiling windows were not tinted so we had to draw all the blinds once we entered the room-especially at night- which meant we couldnt enjoy the views so much. The 24 hr gym was a plus. Overall, a great stay here and we were very pleased. Will definitely come again!

• Stayed: November 2012
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Dnahk, thank you for choosing dana hotel and spa for your six night stay in November! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and for the fabulous Trip Advisor review. See you soon :)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I loved looking out at all the lights through the long glass windows in my corner room. the rooftop bar with the open pit fireplace was da bomb. I also liked the location and the hot trendy bar on the first floor. I would definitely go back and stay there and also because it is one block from MBurger which serves the best most juiciest burgers, fries and floats.

Room Tip: corner rooms give an excellent view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hi Candice F, thank you for a great review. We are happy you enjoyed our location and amenities! Please come see us again soon :)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff went the extra mile to accommodate all requests. The laundry service was very effective and the location is excellent, with a spectacular view both from my room and the terrace. However, these advantages could not unfortunately rescue the serious disadvantages. The hotel is badly in need of renovation. The bathroom was old and then I tried to use the plug of the bath tub the rusty old thing literally fell apart. A spectacular room with a view is a good idea but pulling down six double curtains with rusty manual tools every night was less good (an electrical system for pulling down all the twelve curtains would help a lot). The heating/air conditioning system was one of the most noisy I experienced, giving the choice from keeping it and suffer the noise or shutting it off and suffer the cold. The breakfast menu is poor and renouncing the usual breakfast buffet as this hotel does is only good if service is quick - which in my case was not, it took 40 minutes to have granola with yogurth and a fruit smoothie, priced - together with coffee and juice - an exaggerated $35. The great location and the very friendly staff deserve investments by the owners to renovate the hotel and improving how it operates.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LordLister

Dear LordLister, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about your experience. My sincerest apologies for the various deficiencies you experienced during your stay. We continually improve our product and your suggestions are helpful. If you would like to try us again, please call the hotel directly and speak to a manager in Reservations so they can make sure your next stay is perfection!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Dana Hotel is just an amazing place to stay and I am always happy to come back here. The bellmen, TJ and Christopher are always friendly, welcoming and remember me each time. I had a corner king suite and everything from the comfortable beds to the awesome showers made my business trip that much more enjoyable. The room service staff were always prompt and so friendly...even at 6AM!!! I only had breakfast in the restaurant one morning but the wait staff were so GREAT! The food was excellent and the service even better!! I decided to treat myself to a spa treatment and Geraldine was fantastic! She sat me down and really listened to what I wanted in my facial---the result was unbelievably awesome! I looked refreshed and relaxed. I absolutely love the Dana Hotel and always recommend it to clients and friends!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear anirishgirlinboston, we really appreciate the great review. Thank you especially for mentioning staff members that really made your stay special. They really appreciate the recognition. We couldn't be happier after hearing about your experience and hope to see you again soon!