“Great ;Fresh n Tasty ”

Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place ..friendly staff ;good food ;very tasty falafel
Went there recently ;the staff work very well together ;the food smell and taste fresh

There are newer reviews for Baba Pita

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I work in the West Loop, so finding a great lunch spot can be a challenge: first because of the location (still a burgeoning neighborhood), second because of the location (still home to some of the swankiest spots in Chicago.. ahem Aviary, G&G, etc.). This place has been a reliable standby for me and my coworkers.

Delivery is fast, friendly, and often includes the owner’s children, who are adorable and polite as they help their dad at work.

I lived in the suburbs of Detroit for ten years, and there is an embarrassment of riches when it comes to Middle Eastern food. I have been spoiled, and I know it; spicy, smoky schwarma, crunchy, herby tabbouli, homemade bread… fresh, bright food full of spices and tons of flavor! That’s the point of this kind of cuisine, and at its best, Baba Pita displays only glimpses of this.

Consistency seems to be a problem- I’ve had chicken schwarma from there that has been charred and perfectly seasoned, and I’ve also had it very bland and greasy. Their lentil soup can be delicious, but I’ve also had it so burnt it was inedible. Their sauces and hummus is great, and by and large their menu is reasonably priced and relatively good. Not great, but good in a pinch, when I’m craving something, anything similar to what I had in Detroit!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I worked in the neighborhood for about six months. I ate there several times having a different dish each time, The first time, my wife complained I reeked for a day afterwords. I tried a few other items, the last being the chicken shwarma. I got my entree back to my office and while eating it, I noticed uncooked/undercooked chicken pieces. It isn't real obvious, since the spices make the meat look a little brown, but looking at the interior . . . let's just say this is how you kill people in the restaurant business. I haven't heard anything highly positive or negative about this place so I really don't think you're missing anything by passing this one by. It is a shame, the people that run the place are really nice.

Reviewed April 3, 2008

Not bad - and the price range is more like $8-12 per entree. Found it on Foodler.com and me and my coworkers ordered delivery for there. Collectively, we all liked it as we got varying things from shwarma plates, to fallafel, to the shrimp plate. I'd definitely order from there again.