“Pop a Molly, I'm SMILING”
Review of Molly's Cupcakes

Molly's Cupcakes
Ranked #7 of 253 Bakeries in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Pop a Molly, I'm SMILING”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

What a great place, with THE BEST cupcakes I've ever had. This is the is going to be a place that my fiancé and I frequent whenever we're up North Chicago

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Topeka, Kansas
“Cute place”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This a cute cupcake place, and the cupcakes were good, though I wouldn't say great necessarily. I had a caramel cupcake with butterscotch filling and salted caramel frosting, and my husband had the cookies and cream. Both were tasty, but not quite as good as I'd hoped. I'd stop by again if I was in the neighborhood, but to me, it wasn't worth the long walk it took us to get here.

1 Thank Rachael R
Chicago, Illinois
“Heaven in your mouth!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Apologies in advance for the overly-gushy review that I'm about to write. I adore cake and cupcakes, and this place has the best EVER. Lots of adjectives and superlatives to come...

The place itself is nothing super spectacular - just kind of cutsie and plain, but I like that you can sit on swings. The cupcakes are the main attraction by far. I've been to Molly's many times, but recently I did a cake tasting with my friend who is using Molly's for her wedding cake. Thus, I was able to try even MORE flavors than I normally would. I'm totally a Molly's aficionado now!!!

All-time favorite: the Ron Bennington. Chocolate cake, peanut butter filling, butterscotch shavings on top. Incredible. Unbeatable. Incomparable.

Runner-up: the Chocolate Decadence. Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling and chocolate frosting. OMG.

Other really, really good ones: red velvet with cream cheese frosting; peanut butter with Nutella filling; butterscotch with caramel filling; and vanilla with buttercream frosting. Also surprisingly good, which I discovered when I was doing the wedding cake tasting with my friend, was the creme brulee. I would have NEVER ordered that on my own, but it was shockingly good! Totally unexpected.

Basically, I think you can order any flavor and be completely amazed and delighted. SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

(Typing this review made me want a cupcake. Preferably a Ron Bennington....)

• Visited June 2014
Wright City, Missouri
“Very good cupcakes”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My girlfriends and I visited after the 5K Color Run on June 22, 2014. I tried the red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing and it was very, very good. I also purchased the peach cobbler, blueberry cheesecake, butterscotch caramel and peanut butter nutella to take home. After trying all of them that I brought home I have to say they are so delicious. I would highly recommend for a sweat treat. The negatives reviews about the place being dirty did not coincide with our visit. It was clean and there are swings to sit in at the bar. I live in St. Louis and have visited Jilly's Cupcakes and I think these are better cupcakes. They are more moist and dense which is what I prefer.

• Visited June 2014
“Molly's is Marvelous”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

For my Bday, my daughter brought me here after dinner for my choice of cupcakes. What a fun, eclectic place! We got there kind of late so they were left with a few flavors. But, wow, we loved ours! They were also busy closing but allowed us to sit on their fun swing & took a photo of us, awwwwwwwwwww..... I will be back :)

• Visited March 2014